PETALUMA COMMUNITY ACCESS, INC.
Executive Director Job Description
Petaluma Community Access (PCA), a nonprofit corporation governed by a seven-person member-elected board, was established to facilitate public, education, and government (PEG) access to communications technologies. The organization contracts with the City of Petaluma to operate the television access channels 26 (Public), 27 (Educational), and 28 (Government), in addition to a rapidly developing a FCC low-power FM channel, KPCA-LP at 103.3FM and kpca.fm online. PCA is a member-based organization serving those in the community who wish to produce TV and radio media for local broadcast.
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and principal spokesperson for the video and radio production facilities, fund development, and day to day operations. The position requires a person with organizational ability to lead and inspire others and effectively manage a nonprofit cable access organization in the context of diverse community needs. The Executive Director must work effectively in a team environment. This person reports to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Give direction and lead success of the organization's philosophy, mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
2. Work with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and members to develop, implement, and enforce policies, procedure as well as strategic plan development.
3. Oversee and document administrative, financial, and program operations, including all PCA/KPCA personnel matters.
4. Prepare, report and monitor the PCA annual budget.
5. Ensure compliance with PCA contracts as well as maintain customer relationships.
6. Pursue additional revenue sources through a variety of fundraising activites consistent with the mission statement, policies and goals of the organization. Activites include grant writing, capital campaigning, fundraising events, under writing, and individual donorship.
7. Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of the City of Petaluma and the community at large.
8. Remain up to date of trends, issues, events and developments within the PEG access field through professional, peer contacts, etc.
a. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent relevant experience.
b. Supervisory and administrative experience in the fields of public, educational, government access, public administration or related fields.
c. Involvement and/or knowledge of the City of Petaluma, community culture, etc.
d. Relevant experience in fundraising including fund development planning, grant writing, and the ability to cultivate relationships with the funding community.
a. Demonstrated experience in fiscal administration, planning, nonprofit management, and human resources.
b. Demonstrated personnel management experience, including responsibility for hiring and terminating staff.
c. Excellent verbal and written communications skills
d. Excellent organizational, public speaking, and documentation skills.
e. Knowledge of the field of noncommercial public, educational, or government access or a closely related field.
f. Confidence in supervision of maintaining the corporate identity and marketing plans
g. A desire to positively impact the community and to improve public dialogue through access to public media outlets.
h. Demonstrated ability to reach out to and work with diverse groups, individuals, ideas, and opinions.
i. Ability to resolve conflicts and member issues
j. Vision, enthusiasm, decisiveness, and flexibility in dealing with changing conditions.
k. Ability to delegate projects successfully to staff
Salary: $31,000- $36,000 DOE with a flexible vacation policy. This is a part-time position based at PCA’s Petaluma office.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING:
Please submit a cover letter, an up-to-date resume, and three professional references.
Submissions should be made by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be directed to the PCA Board of Directors Executive Committee for review. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
An automatic confirmation will be sent to each individual who submits an application. Subsequently, ONLY applicants that will be invited to an interview will be contacted.
PCA is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. PCA is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity and environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers