Summary: Responsible for the technical analysis and development of interconnect solutions to design challenges in response to specific customer needs and/or in support of market driven product goals. These may include new product & process development, application of specific modifications to existing products and/or improvement of existing processes to reduce cost, improve manufacturability or improve quality.
• Develops and validates competitive, engineered solutions that satisfy specific customer needs and/or meet the requirements of defined market-driven products. Products typically include connectors employing electrical, fiber optic and pneumatic connections plus cable and harness assemblies, box builds, integration of electronics and filtering into connection systems.
• Develops and validates new processes and equipment to meet customer needs and expand value add capabilities
• Provides guidance to the assembly teams as required for new designs and processes
• Provides technical support on new products, customer applications, tooling and manufacturing issues
• Constructs and evaluates prototypes, including testing and analysis for design verification, product validation, and achievement of performance requirements
• Develops products from the concept phase through production following the Stage Gate process.
• Analyzes and develops product/process solutions to quality and/or manufacturing problems
• Designs and conducts experiments, writes technical reports and/or papers
• Develops quality, test, and inspection plans
• Leads effective failure mode and effects analyses, EFMEA, manufacturability studies, make vs. buy recommendations, and cost estimating
• Leads teams on larger projects which require facilitating communications, scheduling, and achievement of tasks in line with the project’s quality, cost and timing goals
• Familiarity with quality concepts / tools including but not limited to: Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design / Process Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA) (ISO 14971 Risk Management), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and 5S
• Travel as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree (BSME preferred) or work experience in related industry accompanied by demonstrated success in a similar role
• Five (5) to ten (10) years relevant experience; preferred experience with small, precision-manufactured electro-mechanical products and electrical or fiber optic connectors
• Demonstrable success as a project manager or team leader of a technically based project
• Ability to apply mechanical engineering principles to create new product concepts, detailed designs, modifications of mechanical and electro-mechanical components or systems
• Initiate comprehensive and effective troubleshooting and problem analysis methods
• Ability to lead failure analysis and corrective action activities through the use of FMEA, DFx, and problem solving tools.
• Lead or engage in effective and professional communications on both technical and non-technical matters
• Experience using 3D CAD/CAE software, Autodesk Inventor® CAD software preferred for the creation and analysis of designs
• Solid analytical, problem solving and time management skills
• Training or experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principals
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Company Info: LEMO, a privately owned Swiss company, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision custom connection solutions since 1946. Providing high-quality push-pull connectors that can be found in a variety of challenging application environments including medical, industrial control, test & measurement, broadcast/audio/video, and telecommunications. LEMO also provides specialty cable and wire, cable assembly services, prototyping and custom designs.
LEMO USA, a subsidiary of LEMO, is located in Sonoma County among the rolling hills of Northern California's wine county, centrally located just 45 minutes north of San Francisco. LEMO USA provides Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Cable Assembly Services at their facilities located in Rohnert Park.
LEMO requires an uncompromising commitment to QUALITY, EXCELLENCE, and INNOVATION. As such, we encourage and invest in each employee to promote responsibility, personal growth, and integrity.
LEMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers