compensation: Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
OVERVIEW OF CANYON ROCK CO., INC.
The Quarry that’s Family-Operated and Community-Minded. For over 40 years, our family has provided quality rock, concrete mixes, and sand for Sonoma County and its outlying areas. Our rock is in your roads, your stores, your hospitals, your playgrounds, your parks, and your kids’ schools. From freeways to pathways, from ditches to decorations. Canyon Rock has helped build the foundation of this community. And we’re especially proud of that – because it’s our community too!
• Responsible for servicing all company equipment, including performing preventive maintenance
• Maintains and reviews lubrication reports and service records and performs oil, lube and filter service on all assigned equipment as required. Inspects equipment conditions (wear, alignment, function, etc.) and monitors oil flow and temperature observing gauges to measure performance.
• Reports equipment conditions to appropriate personnel as required
• Performs duties safely, responsibly and proficiently
• Maintains good housekeeping practices in plant, tool and parts house and shop areas.
• Follows lube manual and guidelines and plant equipment service manuals
• Will be required to perform welding repair and maintenance on stationary production related equipment, machinery and structures such as, conveyors, crushers, and screens for aggregate, ready-mix and asphalt plants.
• Performs a variety of duties as directed in addition to those described herein
• Will work outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
• May work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Possess good mechanical and welding skills
• Ability to weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
• Must have good eyesight, manual dexterity, and hand eye coordination
• Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift up to 45 pounds
• Job is outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
• Must be able to work required overtime and flexible work schedule
• Must be able to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the English language
• Sufficient level language and math to read technical manuals, record repairs on report forms, operate welding machine, and perform other tasks
• Must be able to perform preventative maintenance repairs in accordance with established procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
Canyon Rock offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance. 401k is optional after the first year of employment.
Canyon Rock is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers