compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Golden State Lumber is a family-owned company that has been in business for over 60 years. It is a company that recognizes that people are its most valuable resource and is looking for someone who will fit into the culture and strive to achieve the company’s goals. Golden State Lumber ranked #2 on the Best Places to Work – 2018.
The Human Resources/Accounting position is a key member of the Golden State Lumber team in San Rafael. This person works directly for the Director of Financial Operations – San Rafael. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for learning, be detail-oriented, possess intermediate Excel skills, be comfortable with technology, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is seen as opportunity. Additionally, this person will be a team player and recommend decisions that are in the best interest of the company as a whole.
The Human Resources/Accounting position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
• Assist the Director in month-end close and analysis
• Enter/create journal entries
• Perform monthly account reconciliation on general ledger
• Assist with audit requests
• Monitor spending levels and variance analysis
• Special projects as requested
• Employee HR Resource – answer and facilitate employee requests
• Daily auditing of employee timecards using ADP Workforce Now
• Prepare HR documents for payroll changes
• Gather and review new hire documents and benefit enrollment forms for processing at Corporate
• Act in a confidential capacity handling internal inquiries
• Workers Comp claim facilitation
• Schedule employee certifications & physicals
• Assist in the preparation of employee annual performance appraisals and employee discipline documents
• Identify opportunities to better utilize technology
• Any other administrative tasks that may needed by the business
• Intermediate Excel Skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Good business acumen and judgement
• Experience with California Labor Requirements
• High level of integrity, initiative and commitment to excellence
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong written and oral communication
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a proponent for change
• Time management ensuring deadlines are met
• Microsoft Dynamics – GP a plus
What makes our Company a great place to work?
Casual work setting
Dedicated long-term employees
Established business environment
We have a great company culture and we value our employees and customers above all else. Compensation commensurate with experience. The Company offers a generous benefits package including Paid Time Off, medical benefits, and a 401(k) plan.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers