compensation: Hourly, depending on experience. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you love cheese? Always wanted to work on a farm?? Would love the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of West Marin every single day???
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family and located just 3 miles north of Point Reyes Station (and only 30 minutes from Petaluma, Novato and San Anselmo) on Highway 1, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
Provides administrative, recruiting and Human Resources support to the Head of Human Resources on all personnel matters. This position would be a good opportunity for growth for an individual wanting to work in the Human Resources field and expand on their current knowledge of Human Resources. Must be bilingual!!!
Head of Human Resources
Part-time 24-30 hours a week (flexible schedule between our Point Reyes and Petaluma offices). This position may go to full time within 12 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with recruitment and interview process. Coordinating and conducting interviews Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up at the end of the recruiting process.
• Performs on-boarding duties for new employees including benefit enrollment
• Maintains paper and electronic files for all HR related forms and information
• Under the direction of the Human Resources department, assist with handling duties including worker’s compensation, employee benefits, FMLA, leave of absences, unemployment (EDD), etc.
• Assist with the terminations process
• Deal with personal and confidential personnel issues directly and indirectly and handle sensitive subjects with professionalism.
• Coordinate, schedule, and record keep for employee training.
• Employee filing and maintaining employee personnel and confidential files for all employees, as well as auditing of files and records as required by the HR Department.
• Assist employees and managers with navigating through company procedures. Maintain a working knowledge of company policies and procedures and be able to explain when needed with assistance.
• Assists with various research and special projects
• Maintain a HIGH LEVEL of confidentiality regarding all aspects of position.
• Work with remote and minimal supervision and confidence.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Customer Service – must provide excellent customer service internally and externally (current team members and outside future team members)
• Problem Solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal Skills-the individual maintains confidentiality and remains open to others’ ideas. Must be able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively, both internally and externally.
• Quality Control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Two years of human resources experience
• Proficient in MS Office suite
• HR Certification a plus
English and Spanish
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers