compensation: Competitive Salary with benefits after first mont of employment employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for a sharp and creative Vice President of Human Resources who is capable of seeing our company through a period of growth while managing our existing team of 150 people. We're looking for someone to lead the entirety of the HR function including organization development, benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, operations and learning & development. This is a critical role which will be reporting directly to the CEO. In order to be successful in this role you will need to have the ability to coach and develop relationships within the organization while inspiring a culture of personal accountability, execution, collaboration and positivity.
• Lead and oversee the current human resources team with a hands-on approach, while simultaneously establishing yourself as a strategic thinker and business partner to executives and divisional heads.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance.
• Participate in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
• Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
• Responsible for employees in multiple states and different state laws.
• Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility, including career paths and training for employees.
• Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
• Manage the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
• Manage other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
• Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
• Continue to improve the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
• Foster effective working relationships with employees at all levels, balancing employee advocacy while protecting the company’s needs, best practices, and values.
• Manages HR functions such as employment, employee relations, compensation, training, records/HRIS data, benefits, and employee services
• Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to managers and employees
• Provides employee relations support, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement plans within scope of responsibilities
• Assists management in planning, development, and implementation of employee engagement activities
• Communicate and coordinate compensation changes, promotions, transfers, and various data changes to ensure Finance, Payroll, Benefits and HRIS are appropriately updated
• Coordinate Leaves of Absences (FMLA, PDL, CFRA, Workers’ Compensation)
• Manage the exit process for outgoing employees including involuntary and voluntary terminations
• Maintain strong understanding of current HR legal landscape and identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven experience in a similar capacity within a small to medium HR department
• A dynamic personality with the ability to maximize relationships and build trust when communicating at all levels
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly synthesize any issues and provide information, direction, and advice as necessary
• Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritize your work, drive it to completion, and handle competing priorities while addressing interruptions
• A strong work ethic with the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team and demonstrated commitment to produce high quality work
• Bachelor’s degree or higher with 10 years of HR experience with at least 5 plus years as a VP or Director of HR
• Strong technical aptitude in working with MS Office applications as well as standard HR, Recruiting, and Payroll systems required
• Demonstrated knowledge in all areas within the HR function and its role as well as solid knowledge of current federal and states laws
• Understands the sensitivity of HR information, demonstrates the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally
• Experience in partnering with Senior Level Management, VP’s and Directors to resolve employee conflicts and situations in a timely and thorough manner
• Must have a good sense of humor, a “can do” attitude, and the ability to stay calm under pressure
AdvisoryCloud provides professionals with the platform, exposure, and tools to monetize their knowledge as an advisor.
As a company we have built a strong culture that is supportive and social. We have lots of fun work events, healthy snacks and a collaborative atmosphere. We offer competitive pay, health care, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays and Vacation and Sick Time.