QR Code Link to This Post
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc.
San Rafael, CA
Let your culinary craft guide you here.
If you enjoy cooking and supporting a great cause at the same time, join us at Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB). As a Cook at our beautiful campus in San Rafael, CA you’ll prepare daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner for people who are blind and visually impaired as they visit our campus for training with their guide dog. We’ll expect you to prepare meals that meet the nutritional needs of our clients and guests, but also taste great.
Responsibilities include maintaining an awareness of clients’ dietary restrictions, assisting in meal/menu planning, ordering food and non-food supplies, and ensuring that expectations are exceeded through your interaction with clients and guests.
What sets us apart?
• Because your work supports a mission of helping others achieve independence, you feel a sense of pride in being a part of it all.
• You’ll have the resources and equipment you need to do your job well and a great team to keep you motivated and happy.
• You’ll love working on our self-contained campus with its modern kitchen, excellent facilities, and well-maintained grounds.
• A friendly management team sets the tone for excellence and ensures that you feel respected and supported in your role.
• You’ll enjoy open communication, including staff meetings. GDB will listen to your suggestions as you strive for quality.
• Our generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 403(b), tuition reimbursement, and great wellness perks like an onsite gym.
• You can bring your dog to work!
The qualifications you’ll need:
• Experience preparing and cooking food for groups of 10 or more
• Experience working in a professional or commercial kitchen
• Demonstrated knowledge of food service standards
• ServSafe certification or ability to obtain
• Able to communicate clearly in English
• Valid driver’s license and insurability at non-risk rates
Guide Dogs for the Blind
The largest guide dog school in North America, Guide Dogs for the Blind creates inspiring partnerships between people, dogs, and communities. With exceptional client services and a robust network of instructors, puppy raisers, donors, and volunteers, we prepare guide dogs to serve and empower individuals who are blind or have low vision, throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our team includes approximately 300 employees and 3,000 volunteers, supporting 2,300 working teams (clients and guide dogs).
Guide Dogs for the Blind does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. GDB also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified, disabled employees. Interested and qualified candidates may apply online at www.guidedogs.com/careers or reply to this ad.