compensation: Competitive salary and benefits, including medical/dental, vision, vacation, holidays, 401(k). employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a skilled, hands-on Assistant Manager for our Tinsley Island operation, located in the Delta near Stockton, CA.
Tinsley is a private island owned by the St. Francis Yacht Club and is solely for the use of members and their guests. Facilities include lodging, food and beverage operations (seasonally), boat docking, and extensive grounds, gardens, pool and barbeque/picnic areas. In the summer and fall, special events called “cruises” are held at the Island, often with 200-600+ members attending, and there is residential sailing instruction “camps” for children and teen-agers. The Island has its own wastewater/sewage treatment equipment.
Experience and talents/abilities we seek in an Assistant Manager – who will report to the Island Manager – include the following:
• The ability to effectively manage a small crew of maintenance and repair workers in keeping the grounds well-maintained, equipment repaired and in good working order, buildings and docks in good repair and any other repair/maintenance/grounds-keeping projects as needed. The ability to give work directions, and understand responses, in Spanish would be a plus.
• Personal experience and knowledge of general repair and maintenance, basic plumbing and electrical, and equipment safety and maintenance is required.
• Basic knowledge of general office procedures, such as the processing of invoices payable, recording charges incurred by member use of the Island and familiarity with computer software such as Word, Excel and typical payroll software is required.
• Experience with boats and boat repair is preferred but not required.
• Some food & beverage experience would also be a plus.
The Assistant Manager will overnight on the Island 2-3 nights per week, and accommodations are provided for the stays. If you are interested in becoming a member of a progressive and driven team specializing in member/guest service, please apply at www.stfyc.com/careers or send your resume by email as noted for consideration. EOE.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers