compensation: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Building Solutions, a Design-Build Firm based in San Rafael, is looking for a qualified Architectural Designer / Job Captain to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a creative environment where you can grow and contribute to our fast-paced environment. This position will be integral to the success of the project and will participate in every aspect of the design development process including client interface, entitlements, and specification.
This is an excellent opportunity for design professionals to work with high-end costing and construction experts to deliver a fully integrated product in a relaxed and congenial atmosphere.
Candidate must have experience with residential design and permitting, as well as the ability to represent the firm in a clear and concise manner with our clients. Technical skills and the ability to produce presentation quality graphics using Autodesk Revit are essential.
This candidate will be assisting the Principal Design Director on multiple projects in various stages of completion. As new projects come into the office, he or she will assist the Principal Design Director with design and assume responsibility for the development of working drawings and permit processing under his/her direction.
- Manage construction documentation and architectural deliverables for high-end residential design projects from Schematic Design through Construction Observation and Administration
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all project partners, including consultants, pre-construction staff, field staff, municipalities, and clients
- May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area
- Willingness to work on all aspects of projects, including technical and administrative
- Provide project team coordination for plans, specifications, materials and construction administration
- Participate in the construction administration of project assignments, including quality control
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of technical documents
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 6-8 years of Architectural Drafting Experience
- Experience in Revit required. Must have strong experience working with families, detailing and worksharing.
- Proficiency in legacy applications with emphasis in AUTOCAD 2016 or higher - including proper layer management, setting up sheets and plotting as well as complete understanding of integration between Revit and AutoCAD for linking and importing of AutoCAD files into Revit
- Strong knowledge of wood frame construction principles and details including detailing of foundation systems, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
- Knowledge of building components and construction methods and the ability to represent them in a variety of CAD/BIM applications. Candidate preferred to have a strong understanding of building construction principles and how to properly articulate them within the CAD/BIM drawings
- Firm familiarity with usage of Autodesk Cloud Collaboration (BIM360 Docs) and general Revit Collaboration methods and principles
- Must be able to write in a professional manner and communicate effectively and efficiently with all project partners, including consultants, pre-construction staff, field staff, municipalities, and especially clients
- Experience working primarily with Marin County and San Francisco Planning/Building departments and their permitting protocols preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. Architecture or equivalent experience
Skills: Strategy, AutoCAD, Architectural Design, Revit, Drawing, Interior Design, Space Planning, Microsoft Office, 3D Modeling, Construction, Engineering, Communication, Design, Submittals
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers