compensation: Contact school for employment rates employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Stone Bridge School, Napa
~ a charter school in the Napa Valley using Waldorf-inspired curriculum ~
The Math Teacher integrates Waldorf methods with other current best math practices and aligns curriculum as closely as possible with California Common Core Standards. The Math Teacher needs to devote special attention to the academic preparation of students for high school, academic and developmental accommodations, thorough lesson preparation, and classroom management.
Middle School Math Teacher Responsibilities:
• The position is part-time, consisting of 10 periods of classroom instruction in 7th and 8th grades, plus additional prep time.
• Position also includes a once-weekly "homework help" class during school hours and a once-weekly afterschool "Math Club" session.
• Math Teacher shall also communicate with parents and class teachers about students’ math progress.
• Note: this position has the potential to expand in hours and scope depending on applicant's skills and availability and school's needs (i.e., potential for instruction in grades 5 and/or 6 as well).
Reports to: Administrator (Principal)
• Single Subject Math or Multi-subject California State Credential (or currently enrolled in credential program)
• Waldorf training or experience preferred
To apply, please submit:
Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation
Stone Bridge School is guided by the core principles of Public Waldorf Education serving approximately 275 students in grades K–8. Our committed faculty is supported by an enthusiastic parent body. In addition to our class teachers, our students are served by Subject Teachers in Spanish, music, movement, organic gardening, handwork, and woodwork. Our faculty, staff, and parents have worked together for 20 years to form a community that is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and engaging school environment, offering academic excellence for its students. We offer priority enrollment for students of hired faculty members.
This posting is open until filled.
Please email your letter of interest, resume, and the contact information for three professional references who have experienced your teaching to:
Stone Bridge School
1680 Los Carneros Ave.
Napa CA 94559
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers