compensation: Hourly rate: $14.00 per hour with an opportunity to increase $1/hour each year up to $17/hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact on the Napa and Calistoga community through after school enrichment programming. The ACE Classroom Leader position is located at four (4) middle schools in Napa and Calistoga. At each location, Classroom Leaders will work alongside a team comprised of: ACE staff, AmeriCorps service members, and volunteers.
Under the direction of the ACE Site Supervisor, the Classroom Leader will facilitate one group of twenty (20) students. It is the responsibility of the Classroom Leader to independently plan, organize, and perform a wide variety of specialized duties in the implementation of the ACE Program.
Essential Classroom Leader Duties
• Prepares and implements creative, hands on, interactive, and engaging lesson plans with short and long range curriculum goals and objectives that meet the needs of all students, including those with disabilities.
• Uses a variety of approved instructional materials, resources, and experiences to enrich student learning, with an emphasis on incorporating youth choice and interests.
• Prepares students for performances or presentations as appropriate.
• Maintains accurate attendance and sign in information for youth participants.
• Ability to manage a classroom effectively with 20 students.
• Monitors student progress and needs as appropriate, including active student participation.
• Deliver Second Step curriculum lessons focusing on skills for social and emotional success.
• Uses effective positive interpersonal communication skills.
• Builds relationships and liaises with other teachers, aides, building administrators, and program staff to drive collaboration and program success.
• Adhere to NCOE ACE School professional conduct policies.
• Completes periodic reports as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• At least two (2) years of experience in youth programming (may be substituted for 1 year AmeriCorps term)
• Encourages youth voice in the development of program activities, with emphasis on inclusion and academic achievement for a multicultural and diverse population.
• Classroom and behavior management skills; group facilitation.
• Knowledge of parent/student needs and issues.
• Commitment to professional growth and eagerness to learn.
• Obtain Fingerprint and TB Clearance
• Obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
• Be able to work well and collaboratively with a diverse community
• Be able to work well as a member of a team
• Be dependable and responsible
• Be able to determine and maintain confidential information
• Be able to maintain a harmonious working relationship with parents, students, school staff, volunteers and community members/organizations.
• Be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Be able to plan and organize multiple project tasks
• Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
• Must complete NCOE’s Instructional Aide Exam (CASAS)
Requirements Prior to the Start of Employment
• Criminal fingerprinting background checks through the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
• National Sex Offender Registry check
• TB Test with Negative results within the last four (4) years
• Generally: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 2:30PM–6:15PM; Wednesday 12:30 PM – 6:15 PM
• Modified hours for training and other meetings when necessary
• Three (3) personal and five (5) sick days per year, which are unpaid days off
• All school holidays are unpaid days off
Terms of Employment
• This is an hourly, temporary, part-time position dependent upon Grant funding.
• This position has a 180 day per school year limit.
• Medical benefits are not provided with this position.
• To apply, please visit EDJOIN.org and apply to the ACE Classroom Leader position in Napa or Calistoga at the Napa County Office of Education.
• You can also submit your resume, cover letter, and one letter of recommendation.
• To learn more about this position and the application process, send us an email or give us a call! Apply directly at: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1165676. You can also learn more at our website: http://www.afterschoolnapavalley.org/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers