Marin Catholic High School in Kentfield, CA is seeking a full-time English teacher for the 2019-20 school year.
QR Code Link to This Post
*Position will begin August 2019
Marin Catholic is a Roman Catholic, co-ed college prep high school founded on the values of faith, knowledge and service. The young men and women attending Marin Catholic are dedicated, accomplished students, willing and able to undertake the challenges of a college preparatory program and anxious to make their unique contribution to the school community. The administrators, faculty and staff of Marin Catholic work hard to maintain a dynamic, student-centered environment, one that affords our young women and men every opportunity to achieve excellence.
Teachers at Marin Catholic High School have the primary responsibility to implement the school philosophy through instructional competence, through participation in the creation of a school community, and through their role as a bridge between the individual student and the world community. The ability to empower students and colleagues to be lifelong learners is vital to this role.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience according to a Union contract.
Qualifications, credentials, experience, knowledge & skills for the position:
1. Degree in English or related field
2. High school teaching experience, preferred
3. Practicing Catholic in good standing, preferred
4. Intellectually curious and willing to grow professionally
5. Desire to share his/her faith journey
6. Student focused and lifelong learner
7. Teaching credential, preferred
8. Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, student and staff
9. Maintains best professional practices in communicating with peers, students and parents
Interested applicants for positions should submit a letter of interest and current resume to Andy Van Horn, Assistant Principal.