condition: like new cylinders: 6 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 69500 paint color: silver title status: clean transmission: manual type: coupe
QR Code Link to This Post
This is one of the most pristine, well maintained 997's in the Bay Area. Owned by an active Rennlister so serious buyers can read a detailed history of the car, upgrades and drives up the coast.
Arctic Silver on black leather interior with rare 19" Porsche Sport Design wheels give it a classic, timeless look. The 997 will go down as one of the best looking Porsches ever and is already being called "the last of the mechanical 911's". At today's prices the 997 is the best value sports car on the planet.
The car has been meticulously maintained and upgraded and always been a warm weather car, having lived in Texas and Alabama before California. I purchased the car from a respected indy Porsche mechanic in Texas who maintained it for 4 years and then purchased it from his customer, an older couple who weren't using it much. I had it thoroughly checked out by RAC Performance in Texas before shipping it with a clean bill of health and no accidents.
I have put 29k miles on the car as my daily driver and enjoyed every one. It burns zero oil and is a rock-solid daily driver or weekend fun car. Porsches like to be driven so the more you drive it the lower your maintenance will be.
Since purchasing it I have cleaned, polished or replaced any wear and tear. It shows like new. The exterior is a 9.7 out of 10 and the interior is the same.
Upgrades and maintenance include:
- New Hawk Ceramic brake pads (Apr)
- New rear Michelin PS4s (Feb)
- New water pump (Jan)
- New front/rear Michelin PS4s at 45k miles.
- Upgraded Eibach springs and RSS spacers give it the perfect stance and improved cornering
- Fister Exhaust, which every 997 owner knows is almost required. It sounds amazing during acceleration but doesn't drone at highway speed or wake up the neighbors.
- Bluetooth hands-free calls and streaming audio installed through the factory PCM
- AC switches and center console have been refinished and look new (all Porsches of this era used a soft touch paint that degraded over time)
- Refinished brake calipers that look like new
- Wheels-off clean of wheel wells and barrels, polished headlights
- Oil changes every 4-5k miles. Oil analysis done by Blackstone Labs after each.
- New clutch at 50k. That will last another 50-80k miles.
- As well as the standard wear items you find on most 997.1s: new starter/alternator cable and coolant expansion tank.
The prior owner also replaced the RMS and had the 40k service performed so the bulk of the typical preventive maintenance items have already been covered.
The next expected maintenance items would be a brake flush (required every two years), new brake rotors likely around 80k miles, new plugs at 80k miles.
Only serious buyers please.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers