compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Location: Bay Area
Reports to: Vice President of Construction
Summary of Position: To provide administrative support to the operations department and field associates. Coordinate the flow of paperwork throughout the office and deliver to the field associates, ensuring that all documents required to construct the company’s homes is achieved in an efficient manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be familiar with the companies’ policies, procedures, philosophies and paperwork and carry them out to the fullest.
2. Obtain development plans and home site addresses from Forward Planning.
3. Prepare and distribute new community war book maps eight weeks prior to model homes starting.
4. Obtain plot plans from the Civil Engineer for home permits and sales packages.
5. Prepare permit applications, request checks to obtain permits 10 days prior to the approved start date.
6. Assist with the preparation, review and approval of start orders.
7. Prepare start packages. This includes but is not limited to sequence list, permits, the red folder, plot plans, file folders, concrete mix design, forensics checklist, consultant contracts, and RFI process.
8. Distribute start packages to field a minimum of 10 days prior to the approved start date.
9. Backup and support to the “BuilderTrend” Administrator in all aspects of the process.
10. Ownership and responsibility for the flooring selection process between our homebuyer and the designers. Ensure the process is timely, efficient, organized, and provide continual feedback to Purchasing, Sales and Marketing. Approval of the Selection Sheets for installation and budgeting.
14. Maintain master subdivision and lot database files.
15. Maintain sequence lists.
16. Maintain Production Reports.
17. Support for the Contracts Administrator in the input and tracking of field exception reports.
18. Prepare and distribute database reports.
19. Provide administrative support to field associates.
20. Coordinate office supply needs for field associates.
21. Process and distribute all incoming and outgoing field mail.
22. Track all key field checklist information.
23. Maintain and distribute field forms.
24. Obtain and distribute homesite, safety, and general field signage.
25. Obtain and distribute safety notebooks and related supplies to the field.
26. Complete set-up of construction job site trailers including but not limited to furniture, office equipment, office supplies safety supplies and construction signage. Archiving trailers contents at the completion of the community and turnover to Customer Care Department.
27. Maintain homesite files.
28. Maintain community binders.
29. Maintain permit budget matrix.
30. Report all construction related activities for the Weekly Performance Report each any every Monday by 9:30 AM. Monitor weekly performance against the Divisions’ month projections.
31. Support Vice President of Construction and Area Manager(s) as needed.
32. Support other operations teams as needed.
33. Special projects as assigned.
1. High school diploma
2. Three (3) years in a clerical position
1. Must possess organizational skills:
Control the constant flow of paperwork.
Obtain the goals of the department by prioritizing your own workload.
2. Must possess good time management skills:
Must be able to handle a wide variety of tasks and job demands and complete them in a timely manner.
Must be able to move back and forth between different tasks.
3. Must possess good interpersonal skills:
Must be able to communicate effectively with other associates, managers, trade partners and consultants.
4. Must be proficient in operating the various computer software programs used by the company.
5. Must be able to work efficiently unsupervised.
6. Must have the initiative to accomplish assignments with limited direction.
7. Being creative and well organized in problem solving.
8. Detailed orientated.
1. Must be able to perform math calculations.
2. Must be able to deal with stressful situations:
Contact with trade partners and suppliers.
3. Must be able to analyze departmental paperwork.
4. Must be able to communicate desired objectives to trade partners, managers, consultants, associates and other business-related professionals.
5. Maintain a professional attitude.
6. Need to be able to apply deductive reasoning to problematic situations.
1. Be able to sit for long periods of time.
2. Be able to lift 30 pounds.
3. Maintain a professional appearance.
4. Read volumes of materials.
5. View computer video monitor for long periods of time.
6. Must be able to work in a typical open office environment.
7. Filing various documents.
8. Handling sets of blueprints and the ammonia smell that they produce when new.
1. Must work in a fast paced interior office environment.
2. Required work hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
3. Due to varying workloads and the responsibilities of the position your typical workday will exceed 8 hours.
1. Ability to arrive to work on time.
2. Ability to follow directions from a supervisor.
3. Ability to interact well with co-workers.
4. Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
5. Ability to accept constructive criticism.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers