Covalent Health is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems in CA, FL, IL, and IN. Covalent Health operates in these markets as ProTransport-1, PRN Ambulance, Century Ambulance, ATS Medical Services, and PriorityOne.
This position must work in one of our divisional offices (Cotati CA, North Hills CA, or Jacksonville FL). This is not a remote position.
The Manager of Contracts Administration manages all functions and processes associated with healthcare payor and facility contracts. This includes Master Service Agreements (MSA's), Statements of Work, Amendments, Addendums, renewal agreements, enhancements to contract templates, and obtaining all required approvals. This position will report to the VP of Revenue Cycle Management and work in cooperation with the Compliance, Operations, Business Development, and Finance teams.
This person will recommend and implement best practices in contracts management administration to include a contracts repository, tracking and reporting, and facilitate contracts review meetings. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of managed care, a successful track record of contracts development and provider negotiations, strong communication and leadership skills, and solid analytical skills needed to make data driven decisions.
The qualified candidate must be willing to travel (up to 30%) as needed.
• Overall responsibility for the contracting process including coordination with Revenue Cycle Management, Compliance, Operations, Business Development and Finance to review, prepare, and negotiate contracts
• Design and maintain a common contract management process for all divisions of the company
• Provide subject matter expertise with contract language and ensure contract language is consistent with established templates and guidelines
• Ensure that internal risk and liability exposure is limited and advise the business and compliance Leaders regarding any liability we may encounter due to accepting non-standard contractual requirements
• Responsible for ensuring that fully executed agreements are obtained, distributed, and stored
• Manage renewal, termination, and/or amendment processes to ensure timely notification of business and compliance leaders
• Ensure internal approvals and final review are complete before authorizing internal signatures to occur
• Collaborate with Compliance & Privacy Officer to ensure the inclusion or exclusion of HIPAA Business Associate agreements where appropriate, and to finalize terms
• Track and monitor the execution of Business Associate Agreements
• Participate in gathering data for RFP's
• Conduct regular and timely reviews to ensure compliance with contractual terms and manage internal audits as they relate to contractual compliance
• Analyze and evaluate the financial performance and profitability of payor and facility contracts.
• Drive results through the creation of metrics and dashboards
• Partner with the business and compliance Leaders on resolutions of issues related to payor and facility contracts and respond to problems in a timely, accurate and professional manner
• Drive innovation and continuous process improvements to achieve best-in-class service with internal and external customers
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor's or equivalent education and experience required
• Minimum of five years' experience in healthcare contracting strongly preferred
• Must be highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of healthcare, managed care systems, HMO marketplace and market trends
• Understanding of the California healthcare market preferred
• Advanced knowledge of contract related activities including negotiations, legal, regulatory, operational, finance and relationship management
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills required
• Broad business skills including analysis of strategic alternatives and financial impact analysis
• Strong verbal and written communications skills to develop positive working relationships both internally and externally
• Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills are required
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously required
• Works effectively with others to and is a collaborative team player
• Typical Working Conditions: office environment where temperatures are comfortable and noise level is low to moderate
• Heavy Computer usage requiring frequent repetitive hand movements
• Ability to sit for extended period
• Must be able to hear and communicate clearly to perform job duties in person and over the telephone
• Adequate vision required to be able to read information from printed sources and computer screens
ProTransport-1 is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, protected veteran status or national origin.
Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Kun ledende personer. Job-hververe, kontakt venligst ikke denne jobudbyder.
kontakt os IKKE med uønskede tjenester eller tilbud