compensation: $21 per hr (DOE) employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) is a leading provider of support and life readiness services to at-risk youth, ages 5-25, in Sonoma County. Social Advocates for Youth provides services in three areas: housing, counseling and career services. We are proud to have received the award for being “One of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay” in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019!
Job Title: Accounting and Payroll Specialist
Reports To: Director of Finance
Status: Non-Exempt, 25-30 hours/week, M-F required
Benefits: If working 30+ hours
Pay rate: $21 per hour (DOE)
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations of accounts payable and payroll as well as support to the Human Resources Departments as needed. The Accounting and Payroll Specialist will have strong knowledge of all accounts payable and payroll processes.
Essential job functions and Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable (80%)
• Assist in processing incoming AP with approvals/coding/DocuSign and input into accounting system
• Assist in the processing and preparation of deposits, and entry of completed deposits into AccuFund
• Maintain and update agency accounting files including filing
• Assist in credit card reconciliations
• Support month-end processing as required
• Light customer service, using phones and email
• Assists in financial audits and month end close, including reconciling AP sub ledger to GL
• Processing of W-9 and 1099-misc
• Under general supervision, prepares semi-monthly payroll using Innovative Business Solutions (IBS) for
approximately 120 employees.
• Effectively communicates with various staff and management to ensure electronic timesheets are submitted
and approved timely.
• Track various hours for regular, overtime, vacation, sick, and holiday, according to the Handbook for the
accurate processing of payroll. Track various benefit deductions.
• Works with Director of Finance and Human Resources, reconcile monthly employee benefits invoices with
IBS and EaseCentral databases and reconcile to general ledger.
• 2 years’ experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• 2 years’ experience with clerical accounting and accounting software
• Must be highly detail orientated and organized and able to accurately follow directions
• Must be able to multi task and complete projects in an timely manner
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Maintain confidentiality regarding Agency information
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Ability to work well with and collaborate with community partners in a professional manner
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Proficiency using Innovative Business Solutions (IBS) strongly desired but not required
• Proficiency using Accufund desired but not required
Note: Must pass criminal background and sanctions check, and requirements to drive on SAY business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
All interested and qualified applicants can reply with a cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers