compensation: $20-21/hr DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Catholic Charities is seeking an accounting gem...one who loves numbers and has an appetite for tracking data using advanced excel skills. Does this appeal to you? Read on...
JOB TITLE: Grants Receivable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Controller
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: non-exempt
TIME COMMITMENT: Full Time 40hrs./wk.
STARTING WAGE: $20.00-21.00 per hour
The Grants Receivable Specialist maintains the Grants and Contracts accounting records and monitors the financial compliance for the agency's various government and foundation grant contracts. The Accounts Receivable Specialist prepares and submits billing documents in conformance with individual grant submission specification. This position also provides accounting assistance for other activities of the Accounting Department.
Grant Accounting and Reporting
1. Prepares monthly grant claims, review expenditures for reasonableness, and file with grantor in a timely manner. Verifies that payroll distribution charges and other expenses are reflected accurately in the accounting records and reported properly in the contract claims.
2. Records, maintains, and reconciles grant receivable balances monthly, reviews the status of the grants to support successful completion of grant contracts in accordance with budgetary and other financial contractual requirements.
3. Monitors, prepares and files quarterly and year-end close out reports as required by grant contracts.
4. Assists the Senior Accountant in maintaining and providing spreadsheet documentation for Annual 0MB A-133 single audit for compliance with single audit requirements.
5. Monitors budget compliance with assigned grant contracts and communicates with program managers to resolve grant accounting issues.
6. Reviews new contracts for incorporation into the accounting and reporting process as outlined above.
7. Supports the grantors' monitoring reviews by providing documentation as required.
8. Is thoroughly familiar with the policies and procedures guiding the work of this position, including policies and procedures of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Santa Rosa, and grantor policies, procedures, and regulations. Performs job functions in line with these policies and procedures.
9. Participates in trainings required by accreditation standards, plus performance and quality improvement efforts.
1. Assists with grant contract budget preparation both for applications and revisions to contracts.
2. Assists Senior Accountant in preparation of adjusting journal entries as required. Assures that the general ledger entries for employee time charged to grants agrees with the payroll records and payroll time-keeping.
3. Participates in cross-training in one or more of the other accounting functions.
4. Performs such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks.
The business and social environment we operate in has changed. What worked yesterday may not work today and will likely not work tomorrow. To thrive, we must incorporate new ways of thinking and embrace new practices. As part of our individual and agency cultural change process, it is critical that all employees of Catholic Charities aspire to the following:
• A commitment to the agency's mission, vision, and values;
• A commitment to excellence in everything we do;
• A commitment to accreditation as well as performance and quality improvement;
• A commitment to outcomes and measured results;
• A commitment to innovation and to what is possible.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
1. A Bachelor's degree in accounting or a Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting. Degree(s) required.
2. Understanding and experience with Abila fund accounting systems a plus.
3. Advanced Excel skills required.
4. Skilled and experienced in general ledger and word processing (Word) computer programs. Accurate 10-key by touch and minimum typing skills.
5. Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work
closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the agency. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also in a team setting.
6. Ability to maintain accounting files.
7. Requires prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines, good decision making and organization skills. Must have excellent work habits.
5. Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of CCDSR and its clients.
6. Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
1. Requires ability to sit up to 8 hours per day with intermittent occasional walking, standing, bending, and squatting.
2. Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 25 pounds to a height up to 3 feet.
3. Occasionally may be required to carry items up to 25 pounds for distances up to 500 feet.