Job Title: Accounting Assistant
QR Code Link to This Post
Company: US Sports Camps
Location: San Rafael, CA
Duration: Starting ASAP - Full Time, Permanent
Description: Reporting to the VP of Finance, this is an entry-level role and will play an integral part in the accounting and finance processes of the company. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for processing accounts payable, seasonal camp payroll operations, and general accounting assistance including reconciliations and adjusting entries. We are looking for someone who is versatile and highly organized with an appetite to learn.
US Sports Camps (USSC) is America’s largest sports camp company and the licensed operator of the NIKE Sports Camps headquartered in San Rafael, California (just north of San Francisco). We are the World’s largest sports camp company with over 900 camps in 16 different sports serving more than 90,000 campers in 2018.
What We Need: Our business is seasonal with heavy operational work-load in the spring/summer months and more strategic planning and analysis in the fall and winter. Here are of some of the things you will work on:
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable. This role will interface with camp directors and other vendors.
- Seasonal payroll processing for camps including processing new-hire paperwork.
- Assistance with the monthly close and associated reconciliations
- Assistance with annual 1099 filings and preparation for annual income tax filings.
- Review employee expense reimbursements and purchases to make sure they are in line with company policy.
- Work individually and cross functionally toward process improvements and establishing tighter policies and controls.
- Assist in creating and documenting accounting policies and procedures.
- Researching technical accounting issues and troubleshoot various inquiries from internal and external customers.
Who You Are:
You are able to learn quickly and take initiative. You value integrity and responsibility. To succeed in this position, you will need to:
- Engage others with charisma and a tackle projects with a hands-on mentality.
- Manage competing responsibilities.
- Maintain exceptional attention to detail.
- Constantly strive to improve processes.
- Maintain strong organizational and time-management skills.
Skills/Qualifications: Associates degree in accounting/finance, or business administration, or equivalent work experience
Intermediate Excel skills
Compensation: Hourly – DOE
Other Information: Casual Work environment
Office Located in downtown San Rafael