compensation: Salary Commensurate to Experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position is a full-time (37.5 hrs) Accountant to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have Associates degree in accounting or equivalent academic training. 3+ years of accounting experience. Non-profit affordable housing environment a plus. 2+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Computer proficiency. Salary is commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition ACCOU01801 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, performs non-routine accounting support duties in the areas of accounts payable and accounts receivable and routine accounting duties in the areas of maintaining general ledger, analysis of accounts, preparation of monthly financial statements/reports and bank reconciliations for properties assigned. Performs specialized calculations, posting and accounting functions
• Maintains, analyzes and reconciles general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bank accounts for properties assigned.
• Prepares each month’s accounting financial statements and reports required in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with organization policies.
• Processes journal entries posting.
• Reconciles financial records of balance sheet accounts (i.e. assets, liabilities), income and expenses
• Analyzes and reconciles discrepancies and accounting issues.
• Maintains accounts payable files and records including filing as needed, process invoices for payment, prints and mail accounts payable disbursement checks for properties assigned.
• Responds to vendors, auditors, and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses check requests.
• Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounts payable issues and discrepancies for assigned properties.
• Monitors cash deposit/incoming wire receipts and update cash balances on a daily basis.
• Prepares, verifies, produces and mail year-end 1099 forms for properties assigned.
• Prepares annual backup support schedules for auditors and storage files.
• Actively participates in EAH’s safety program.
• Actively participates in required training.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
•Prints, distributes Accounts Payable reports (monthly and as needed basis) and close system accounts receivable and payable modules on a month-end basis for properties assigned.
•Tracks all replacement reserve expenses for property manager release requests.
No direct supervisory responsibilities, however, may provide work leadership to others through assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results, orientation and technical instruction.
Associates degree in accounting or equivalent academic training a plus. 3+ years of accounting experience, non-profit affordable housing environment a plus. 2+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Computer proficiency.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities