compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
St. John the Baptist Catholic School is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented person to serve as the school's Bookkeeper.
As a member of the Principal's staff, the Bookkeeper provides day-to-day fiscal and operational services that include computer input/output tasks related to family accounts and overall financial record-keeping and documentation. The Bookkeeper ensures internal control and safekeeping of all school funds.
This is a part-time position that involves communication and collaboration with faculty, staff and parents in the school community.
Status: Part-time (25-30 hours/week)
Required (or Preferred) Qualifications:
• Minimum HS diploma with a combination of college credits (accounting concentration) or equivalent work experience with demonstrated abilities in accounting and reporting (Bachelor's degree preferred)
• Proficient with relevant computer applications, including Online Quickbooks, MS Office, Google documents
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as 10-key by touch, multi-line phones, scanners, fax machine
• Professional demeanor and attitude
• Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality of information on a need-to-know basis
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and to properly prioritize
• Work well with a variety of faculty, staff, parents and students
• Demonstrated ability to organize, file, maintain and access records, invoices, contracts, etc.
• Solid writing skills with ability to communicate effectively with all school stakeholders
• Excellent verbal communications as well as telephone etiquette
• Bilingual a plus
• Appropriate health verification and satisfactory background check
Other Desired Qualifications:
• A faithful Catholic
• Commitment to the school mission and philosophy
• A candidate who is confident, a team player, and loves children
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers