compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: part-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Sequoia Ecological Consulting, Inc. (Sequoia) is a small, woman-owned environmental consulting firm that provides biological planning, permitting, and field services to public agencies and private clients. Sequoia’s team develops creative solutions to complex projects through proactive planning, collaboration, and attention to detail. Our core values of Respect, Excellence, Passion, Integrity, and Teamwork drive our company culture and our commitment to client service.
We are looking for an exceptional part-time Technical Editor who shares our values to join the Sequoia team, supporting our Project Managers and Marketing Manager with a wide variety of deliverables ranging from marketing materials and presentations to technical memoranda and complex multi-chapter reports.
• Proof-reading, editing, and formatting a range of documents for clarity, consistency, grammar, organization, correctness, completeness, and conformity with Sequoia or client style guidelines (including text, tables, graphics, and appendices)
• Working rapidly under tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard of quality
• Communicating efficiently and effectively with Project Managers and authors to resolve content questions, accommodate scheduling changes, and meet deadlines
• Recommending revisions or changes in approach, organization, structure, or flow of documents, as appropriate
• Providing meaningful feedback to document authors and management staff to improve processes and deliverables
• Assisting with development of document templates in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Creating, combining, and manipulating PDFs in Adobe Acrobat
Experience and qualifications for success:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, English, communications, journalism, or related discipline, plus 3 years of relevant editing experience (or master’s degree in those fields plus 1 year of relevant experience)
• Superior command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and composition
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, including mastery of track changes, styles, formatting, and template functions
• Technical knowledge of environmental consulting or biological/natural sciences
• Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Knowledge of standard writing styles and style guides (AP, CMOS, CSE, or similar)
• Proficiency in Windows 10, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and effectively communicate with multiple project team members
This is a long-term, part-time employment opportunity averaging 20 hours per week during business hours, with occasional evening, weekend, and overtime work when deadlines demand. Sequoia is open to having this employee work remotely if they can demonstrate exceptional ability to manage and communicate within a flexible schedule. This is not a freelance or contract opportunity.
Sequoia Ecological Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration, please email a cover letter, writing sample, and resume outlining your experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers