favorite this postMerchandiser (walnut creek) hide this posting
compensation: Competitive base salary employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The YLiving Merchandiser will play a critical role in helping establish our market leading reputation by blending a passion for the category, deep product knowledge, managing a vendor onboarding process in an organized and professional manner, and building long term relationships with partner brands. Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, the Merchandiser is responsible for managing the post negotiation onboarding process and selecting assortments. Teeing up our Site Merchandisers for seamless product builds and maintaining their queue in a thoughtful and organized manner is a primary goal. Additionally, the Merchandiser will help ensure high quality content, guide on site merchandising decisions, maintain existing vendor relationships and up to date assortments, liaise with the marketing team to help manage the editorial calendar, and take on various merchandising related special projects.
1. Vendor Recruiting and Management
• Lead the onboarding of new vendors
• Participate in the recruiting process for vendors
• Develop and monitor plans to grow revenue and improve vendor performance -- inclusive of marketing and inventory management recommendations.
• Deliver on the brand's quarterly and annual priorities.
• Coordinate and inform other functions of vendor and product assortment updates.
• Make analytical decisions based on available data
• Assist the sales team as needed -- we are sales people!
2. Product Assortment and Management
• Develop assortment plans and make product selections.
• Make sure assortments are up-to-date, brand-aligned, and well curated
• Drive the creation of accurate and helpful product content.
• Provide advice and share expertise with the Product Content and Merchandising Team.
3. Customer Experience and Site Content
• Collaborate on merchandising, marketing and site presentation decisions to offer an engaging site experience.
• Make recommendations and support for homepage/feature content and promotional/marketing events.
• Participate in projects to improve our content management and merchandising processes and tools.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Excellent computer skills -- particularly MS Excel and Adobe Photoshop
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities
• College degree
• Interest and knowledge of modern design is preferred
• Retail/showroom experience in living categories is preferred
• Attention to detail and results oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of multi-tasking across multiple software applications and projects
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Excellent communicator with good verbal and written skills
• Comfortable in a dynamic, growing company environment
• Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature
• Occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds
• This position is in a well-lighted, heated and air conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
• The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in an open office setting with computers and printers with light traffic
• There is no travel required for this position
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Compensation: Competitive base salary
Benefits: Access to Health Benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual Paid Time Off (PTO) + 8 days and 2 half days paid holidays
About YDesign Group
YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings, and decorative plumbing to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Our extensive, yet carefully curated selection ranges from iconic mid-century designs to today's most innovative products.
Founded in 2001, YDesign Group's YLighting is the leading design-driven modern and contemporary lighting retailer in North America, offering more than 15,000 of the top domestic and international product designs. YDesign Group is also a leader in modern furniture, home accessories and decorative plumbing via its YLiving brand. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, whose goal is to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, modern furniture and accessories for people who love modern design.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, YDesign Group brands serve design savvy consumers and trade professionals through its websites, sales team, retail showroom in Sacramento, CA and catalogs.