compensation: Market rate with benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Join an Innovative Nonprofit That is Changing the Nonprofit Sector!
GuideStar is the world's largest source of information on nonprofit organization--and the job of web design team is to make that data come to life. We are excited to be working on new data visualizations, a redesigned user experience, and tools to contextualize our data. We believe we must go beyond the question of what data is available--and figure out how to make it useful.
And this is what we care about: better data will lead to better decisions and, with your help, better decisions can help lead to a better world.
We're looking for a frond end designer/developer to join our team full time, to help us create amazing user experiences. You'll work with our design team in downtown Oakland, and with our Williamsburg, VA teammates.
• Full-time position
• Oakland, CA
• Non-profit organization
What you have:
• Keen interest in beautifully structured code and memorable user experiences
• Working knowledge of responsive design and web accessibility practices
• Passion for user-centered design, polished UX interactions, and collaborative work
• Talent for building elegant design solutions
• Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
• A strong portfolio of front end web work
What you will do:
• Build front end experiences, working closely with the UX design team to outline how users will interact with our products
• Write clean, cohesive, and semantic HTML and CSS through constructive feedback and review sessions.
• Build interfaces -- work with our Lead Designer on how features will look and function
• Pair program with peers and teammates to help teach, learn, and maintain front end code standards.
• Attend and contribute to design critiques to both hone your own design sense and improve team-wide work.
• Craft interactive prototypes to find innovative solutions to problems
• Contribute to our front end pattern library, and improve how easy that library is to use
• Participate in product and design discussions with the team
• Collaborate with teammates to create polished experiences focused on user needs
If you're interested in working on web development and design and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn't perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
This position will be full time, with room for growth.
Help us strengthen the nonprofit sector and make the world a better place.
GuideStar USA Inc. is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
Please visit our website at www.guidestar.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities