Would you like a regular schedule (minimum 32 hours/week), driving small passenger buses in a lovely gated community near downtown Walnut Creek? If the answer is "Yes!" keep reading! The Golden Rain Foundation is recruiting qualified bus drivers for future openings. Qualified candidates must have a current and valid California commercial driver's license with passenger endorsement and a clean driving record. The Foundation anticipates bus driver openings, and will draw candidates from this pool.
QR Code Link to This Post
Under general supervision, this position:
- Drives company-owned commercial passenger buses on fixed, Dial-A-Bus, para-transit and special services routes;
- Operates reporting and dispatching software;
- Dispatches for Dial-A-Bus and para-transit requests;
- Provides excellent customer service to older and disabled residents at all times;
- Communicates effectively with fellow employees using telephone, cell phone, two-way radio and computer
- Maintains required logs and records, conducts pre- and post-trip bus inspections;
- Assists passengers, including loading, securing and unloading of wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters.
This is a full-time position, working a minimum of 32 hours/week; additional hours may be available as required by business need.
To be added to our driver pool of future candidates, you must have
- 3-5 years experience driving passenger bus;
- Commercial license with passenger endorsement;
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Must be a true team player and have the ability to interact appropriately with senior residents, visitors, and guests.
In addition, you must have
- A clean and valid California driver license and commercial license, and satisfactory private and commercial driving records are conditions of initial and continued employment.
- The ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
- If made an offer, it will be contingent upon satisfactorily passing a pre-employment background check, physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
- Previous employment must be verifiable.
- This is a union position (Laborer's Local 324 AFL-CIO).
To be considered for this pool, please reply to this ad; the subject line should read Bus Driver Pool. Only fully qualified candidates will be considered; this is not a training position. No phone calls or faxes will be accepted.
THE GOLDEN RAIN FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.