The Golden Rain Foundation is seeking a Utility Repair Worker to join our Trust Operations Department. Under general supervision, this position provides day-to-day general building maintenance for The Golden Rain Foundation at Rossmoor. This is a Union position (Local 324) with full medical benefits and retirement plan.
QR Code Link to This Post
Regular tasks include and are not limited to:
• Performs maintenance and repairs for boilers, heat pumps, valves and appurtenant equipment for heating systems.
• Performs maintenance and repairs for chillers, condensers, and all refrigerant and appurtenant lines used to control temperature and air conditioning systems.
• Performs maintenance and repairs for air handlers and distribution lines and ducts for air control and ventilation.
• Performs maintenance and repairs for plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures and appurtenant supply and drain and sewer lines.
• Performs building maintenance and repairs including painting; gutters, downspouts and ground drains; carpentry; roofing; façade repair.
• Performs maintenance and repairs on electrical and lighting systems including motors, electrical distribution, smoke detectors, lamp replacements and kitchen equipment and appliances.
• Performs street maintenance and minor street repairs including street and curb painting; signage; traffic control.
• Performs erosion and run-off control
• Uses computer-based energy management systems
• High school diploma, GED and/or vocational training in relevant skills;
• Demonstrable high skill levels in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building equipment and systems.
• Able to lift heavy objects, exert sustained physical effort; able to climb ladders, stairwells, work on rooftops and in confined areas.
• HVAC certification desirable but not required.
• 3-5 years' minimum maintenance or construction experience involving HVAC, electrical, plumbing and/or building systems.
- Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial employment.
- Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
- Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
This is a union position (Laborers' Local 324, AFL-CIO)
Experienced local candidates only: This is not a training position and relocation is not available.
To be considered for the immediate opening, email your resume using the CL mail relay address above, and include "Experienced Utility Repair Worker " in the subject line.
CALLS AND FAXES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
The Golden Rain Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.