compensation: Per Union CBA employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Golden Rain Foundation is seeking a Utility Repair Worker to join our Trust Operations Department. Under general supervision, this position provides day-to-day general building maintenance for The Golden Rain Foundation at Rossmoor. This is a Union position (Local 324) with full medical benefits and retirement plan.
Regular tasks include and are not limited to:
• Performs maintenance and repairs for boilers, heat pumps, valves and appurtenant equipment for heating systems.
• Performs maintenance and repairs for chillers, condensers, and all refrigerant and appurtenant lines used to control temperature and air conditioning systems.
• Performs maintenance and repairs for air handlers and distribution lines and ducts for air control and ventilation.
• Performs maintenance and repairs for plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures and appurtenant supply and drain and sewer lines.
• Performs building maintenance and repairs including painting; gutters, downspouts and ground drains; carpentry; roofing; façade repair.
• Performs maintenance and repairs on electrical and lighting systems including motors, electrical distribution, smoke detectors, lamp replacements and kitchen equipment and appliances.
• Performs street maintenance and minor street repairs including street and curb painting; signage; traffic control.
• Performs erosion and run-off control
• Uses computer-based energy management systems
• High school diploma, GED and/or vocational training in relevant skills;
• Demonstrable high skill levels in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building equipment and systems.
• Able to lift heavy objects, exert sustained physical effort; able to climb ladders, stairwells, work on rooftops and in confined areas.
• HVAC certification desirable but not required.
• 3-5 years' minimum maintenance or construction experience involving HVAC, electrical, plumbing and/or building systems.
- Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial employment.
- Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
- Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
This is a union position (Laborers' Local 324, AFL-CIO)
Experienced local candidates only: This is not a training position and relocation is not available.
To be considered for the immediate opening, email your resume using the CL mail relay address above, and include "Experienced Utility Repair Worker " in the subject line.
CALLS AND FAXES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
The Golden Rain Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers