compensation: Per Union CBA employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Work in a lovely gated residential community near downtown Walnut Creek! The Golden Rain Foundation is recruiting an experienced Golf Course Light Duty Equipment Mechanic to join our crew in the maintenance of our 9-hole and 18-hole golf courses in Rossmoor, Walnut Creek.
This position, under general supervision, will prepare and process our golf maintenance equipment, including but not limited to mowers, utility carts, tractors and small tools, for assigned use. The position will also include maintenance assignments on the golf course including irrigation repair, aeration, operation of golf equipment, assist in the set-up of the course for tournament play, and other projects as assigned.
This is a Union position (Local 324) with full medical benefits and retirement plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspects the golf equipment to identify repair and maintenance needs. Reports issues to the Golf Superintendent and Vehicle Maintenance Foreman;
• Prepares equipment for assigned use including performing safety inspections, fueling, adjusting mow height, installing aeration tines, etc.;
• Performs minor scheduled preventative maintenance;
• Operates small engine equipment, golf carts, small tractors and loaders;
• Trains operators, as needed, on the proper use of the equipment in a safe manner;
• Notifies Maintenance Department of parts necessary for the maintenance of golf equipment;
• Maintains the records associated with the maintenance and repair of the equipment in maintenance tracking software;
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• High School diploma Required;
• Minimum 3 years previous golf course experience required;
• Minimum 3 years general mechanic experience required;
• Demonstrate mechanical skill using a wide variety of equipment repair tools;
• Must be highly motivated and willing to work as a team;
• Demonstrated ability to speak, read, and write business English well enough to handle radio calls and act on written work orders;
• Ability to understand and follow safety guidelines and company safety policies.
• Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment;
• Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required;
• Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
• Previous employment must be verifiable.
• This is a union position (Laborer’s Local 324 AFL-CIO).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers