The Golden Rain Foundation has an immediate opening for a Custodian with AV Technician Capabilities to join our Custodial team. The successful candidate will work near downtown Walnut Creek, in the lovely gated residential community of Rossmoor.
QR Code Link to This Post
This is a Union position (Local 324) with full medical benefits and retirement plan.
Under general supervision, this position maintains the environment of the Rossmoor Club Houses and adjacent areas. Duties include and are not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming; stripping and waxing floors;
- Bonnet buffing and extracting carpet; polishing furniture, chrome and woodwork;
- Disinfecting restrooms, showers and replenishing supplies;
- Provides audio-visual support to residents as directed;
- And other duties as required falling within the purview of the manager.
NOTE: This is a shift position with variable schedules and days off.
- High school graduation, GED or other recognized equivalent;
- Three year's experience in commercial custodial work; knowledge of custodial policies and procedures, custodial chemicals and processes;
- One year's demonstrated experience in Audio Visual capabilities, including basic trouble-shooting skills;
- Knowledge of the various industrial chemicals used in cleaning and disinfecting community showers and bathrooms, Golf course T-Houses, kitchens and event rooms;
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed;
- Able to follow established policies, procedures and standards to maintain Foundation facilities;
- Physical ability to stack tables, chairs and risers for event set-up & tear-down;
- Demonstrated ability to interact appropriately with senior residents, visitors, and guests;
- Demonstrable high skill levels in customer service, priority and time management;
Must be able to accurately hook up sound systems, lap top computers to projector, microphones to mixers; complete board meetings set-up; loop speakers; show movies at theater; set-up and manage theater connection on stage at theater; and trouble shoot A/V equipment.
- Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continuing employment.
- Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States.
- Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
- Previous employment must be verifiable.
- Union position (Laborers' Local 324, AFL-CIO)
THE GOLDEN RAIN FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER