QR Code Link to This Post
Our fast-paced IT department is seeking a Level 2 – Help Desk Technician to bring passion, energy, creativity, problem solving, and even a well-behaved pet, to our award-winning 60+ store retail chain. Reporting to the Help Desk Supervisor, the Help Desk Technician will work with our internal customers on their technology questions or concerns and follow through to resolution with the same PFE signature service that our customers rave about (seriously – check out our Yelp reviews).
What you’ll do:
- Provide customer support and technical issue resolution to problems related to desktop hardware, software, printers, tablets, and phones
- Act as escalation point for tier 2 support issues that require additional investigation and more advanced troubleshooting
- Promptly answer support-related email and phone calls
- Support and assist in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of corporate and store hardware. This includes a routine maintenance schedule for the stores
- Configuration of customer equipment to connect to the network and software to connect to in-house application servers
- Provide training to customers in the use of all hardware and software systems currently deployed within Pet Food Express
- Obtain and maintain a general understanding of OS and applications related to company offered services
- Perform creation of new Active Directory user accounts using company-provided software tools
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ year of experience working in a technical support environment
- Proficiency with Windows OS, networking, printer, and various browser configuration
- Strong technical knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, DNS), PC's and software troubleshooting
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel and other enterprise applications
- Ability to diagnose/repair/replace common PC hardware components
- Excellent written/communication skills
- Experience remotely troubleshooting client issues or being onsite at a client location, providing superior IT customer service
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects at once
- Experience administering users and computer in a Microsoft Active Directory domain
- Ability to respond and resolve tickets in a timely manner
- Test image and deploy desktops and laptops
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (i.e. afternoons/evenings, weekends)
- Valid driver license and ability to travel to stores in the Southern California region
- Ability to understand and adhere to Corporate IT policies
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team to provide excellent service to our users
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to perform occasional lifting of 50-75lbs
What you'll love:
- Managers who care about your professional development
- A collaborative team that makes an impact
- A pet-friendly office - with a dog park!
- A generous employee store discount for you and your family
- Competitive pay including sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
About the Company
We’re Pet Food Express and we’re transforming our customers’ relationships with their pets. How? With exactly-right products, helpful services, and expert advice for even the toughest pet problems. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades-long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to a long list of national awards, we’ve been a “Top Bay Area Workplace” for 9 years running. Our dog-friendly office is collaborative, hard-working, and fun. Sound like the right fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.