John McNeil Studio is looking for an IT Generalist to join our team in Berkeley, CA. Our studio believes in the power of ideas to make brands grow. We are a collection of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers. As a collective we help companies tell compelling stories through communications. We work with brands but aren't bound by them, love digital but still believe in print and are founded in aesthetics but also in utility. We make things. We build brands.
Our IT Generalist works within the IT team responsible for supporting all the technology resources that keep our studio running. We handle everything from traditional Mac and Windows desktop support and maintenance to VFX and editorial pipeline management and everything in between. We're looking for a self-starter excited to support, learn and expand our use of the latest technology in a dynamic environment.
Required Skills & Proficiencies
• 3-5 years experience in an IT support/ Help Desk role
• Extensive knowledge of iOS, MacOS, Windows
• Apple hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications for workflow and troubleshooting (After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, & InDesign)
• Strong communication skills
• VOIP and A/V setup and maintenance
• Post-production workflow knowledge (for Adobe, Cinema 4D, Octane, Nuke, Resolve)
• Deadline Render management (for After Effects, C4D, Modo, Nuke)
• MacOS Server and Windows Server 2016
• Archiware P5 and LTO tape libraries for Archive and Backup
• SAN/NAS installation and maintenance (Stornext, Xsan)
• Mac and Windows deployment workflows
• Google Apps administration
• VFX render pipeline management
Candidates must be able to work on-site at our Berkeley studio. This is a full time position which includes a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k. Interested candidates should go to johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs to submit their portfolio and cover letter. No phone calls about the job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers