compensation: $20-$23/hr DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Golden Rain Foundation is recruiting for a certified Fitness Trainer in our newly remodeled, well-equipped fitness center in lovely gated community near downtown Walnut Creek.
Under supervision, this position provides fitness training to Rossmoor residents, through general training, personal training, leading classes and groups, providing general instruction and supervision on the fitness floor and performs other duties as directed by the Fitness Supervisor to meet the changing needs of residents.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave accrual and 401(k) with match.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide fitness evaluations in accordance with Fitness Center procedures, industry standards, and ACSM guidelines.
• Provide Fitness Center users with general health and fitness information, demonstrations and guidance in using fitness equipment.
• Design and implement appropriate exercise programs for residents, including those with special needs.
• Interface with residents to maintain resident awareness of fitness issues, Fitness Center resources, and other resources as appropriate.
• Assist and lead assigned groups, classes and activities in professional and responsible fashion.
• Provide back-up for Front Desk Coordinator, aquatics staff, and other fitness trainers as needed.
• Enforce Fitness Center policies and etiquette, demonstrating professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
• Other duties as assigned falling within the purview of the supervisor.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service, time and priority management
• Demonstrated excellence in team work, collaboration and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with senior adults
• Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and ability to appropriately respond in difficult situations
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Education/Degrees:
• Basic fitness trainer certification from nationally recognized organization
• Current and valid American Red Cross certifications in CPR, First Aid and AED
• BA/BS in relevant field / specialty and/or specialty certifications a plus
• Clean and valid California driver license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
• Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
• Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment physical, drug test and physical capabilities assessment.
• Previous employment must be verifiable.
RELOCATION NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers