ABOUT THE COMPANY
Syar Industries, Inc./Syar Concrete LLC is one of northern California's leading producers and suppliers of high quality aggregate rock products, asphaltic paving materials and ready mix concrete. With its headquarters in Napa, Syar serves the construction industry from strategically located facilities in ten counties.
This position is based at the offices at the Vallejo, California production facility. Travel to other production facilities, Company and customer offices and project job sites will be required.
The Sales Representative is a professional level position within the Sales Department. The Sales Representative manages certain accounts, with duties entailing the promotion and sale of concrete products. The position involves, but is not limited to, the following tasks and duties:
• Develops relationships with potential customers
• Maintains relationships with existing customer base
• Develops contacts within the construction community for job leads
• Reads plans and specifications of upcoming building projects for bidding purposes
• Bids upcoming jobs competitively to obtain work and bring profit to the Company
• Establishes and maintains awarded project information within industry specific software
• Maintains contact with clients, answers questions, and deals with complaints
• Drives to job sites to bid jobs, assess job site access, assist operations during delivery, and assure customers are satisfied after jobs complete
• Assist Technical Services with product complaints and troubleshooting
• Conducts pre and post project follow up
• Works with dispatch during the project to assure smooth delivery of material
• Socializes with clients to maintain relationships
• Tracts competitive data to predict future market trends and develop new sales ideas
• Interprets accounts and records to management
• Assists credit department with past due account collection
The hours of work for this position are usually from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is a Salaried, exempt position.
1. This position requires attendance in Anti-Trust Training
1. Employee is required to observe all safety standards and rules of the office and/or plant operation procedures
2. Employee must report all injuries as soon as possible after occurrence to his/her supervisor and Risk Management at Syar Industries
3. Safety gear must be worn by all employees as necessary when visiting other facilities
4. Must possess a current California driver license and clean DMV (2 points or less)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to communicate fluently in English
Ability to interpret complex mathematical equations in order to bid projects
Able to receive information on the phone
Working knowledge of computerized systems and Microsoft products
Bachelor of Science or equivalent industry experience
DMV record clean with no more than 2 points.