Job Title: Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Employment Type: Part Time-Flex
NOTE: This position is on-call.
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining, and rewarding the best talent available.
General Statement About Job
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator, under guidance of GSOC Supervisor, is responsible for assisting company personnel in all concerns that pertain to safety and security for corporate locations around the globe. The individual will work in a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) environment, monitoring several screens. The Operator will use a variety of tools that range from access control and alarm monitoring systems to various business intelligence sources, open source media, Internet and in-house tools. The Operator is required to detect, analyze, and alert others of any incidents, which may impact the client's people, products, property, or brand image. These may range from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, to technical failures.
In this role, you will:
• Assist company employees in all concerns that pertain to safety and security
• Conduct ongoing review of multiple systems and sources to detect potential risks
• Monitor travel safety and security of company's employees
• Investigate alarms and responding by sending patrol, or alerting Fire services or Police as needed
• Notify and coordinating corporate response by distribution of advisories and other communications
• Compile daily reports and incident reports
• Follow procedures for managing a variety of incidents, from minor incidents handled at the local level to global crises
• Provide back-up, support, and on-call function as needed
• Gather and prepare reports on individual and team performance metrics
• Perform other related duties as required
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an Associate's degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience in Military, Law Enforcement, Government, Corporate Security
• Have Prior experience in a security operations center, TOC, or similar
• Have Experience with security systems, including alarm monitoring, electronic access control, and CCTV
• Active Guard Card with BSIS
• Have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and in depth knowledge of database management and internet search; proficiency in MAC OS highly preferred
• Have excellent time management, verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required
• Possess the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
• Posses demonstrated experience in the areas of people and conflict management with tact and discretion
•Be flexible and possess the ability to function in stressful situations
• Be a dependable team player with business maturity and enthusiasm
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.
What we can offer:
• Paid Time Off
• A dynamic and challenging work environment
Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
Private Patrol Operator #13936
Private Investigative Agency #28063