compensation: Highly Competitive Wages with Full Benefits and Advancement Opportunities; Employee Perks; Referral Bonuses employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Come join our team as a Security Bike Patrol Officer for a Laboratory in Hercules CA!
Must be able to ride a bike up and down a hill for 7/8 of the hours on shift!
Must have Valid DL's!
Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time inside and outside in any weather!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for Bike Patrol Security Officer.
The Professional Security Officer is the heart of Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our professional security officer acts as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Although essential activities may differ based on the facility at which they work, below are some of the standards:
• Ensures the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
• Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
• Bike patrols of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
• Builds, improves and maintains effective relationships with both client employees and guests
• Answers questions and assist guests and employees
• Answers phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
Physical and Mental Functions:
• Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
• Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
• Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
• Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
• Run as needed
• Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
• Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
• Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
• Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the Bike Patrol Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• At least 18 years of age
• Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
• Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
• Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
• Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass Driver’s Record check
• As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
• Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
• Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
• Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
• Neat and professional appearance
• Ability to provide quality customer service
• Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
• Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
• Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers