Histo-technologist/Research Associate Position At Core Diagnostics,
CORE Diagnostics is a clinical laboratory offering biomarker analysis and translational research support for studies ranging from early discovery to analyses of Phase III clinical trial samples. Our research group works collaboratively with clients to develop biomarker strategies and assays by functioning seamlessly as an extension of their team and executing on their requirements. Our laboratory is currently seeking a highly motivated, interactive and flexible individual with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to perform cutting-edge molecular studies for biomarker development projects.
The Histo-technologist/Research Associate will perform, revise, and help develop highly specialized Immuno histochemical and histo-pathological laboratory tests. Perform H&E, Immunofluorescence and special staining both manually and using automated stainer. Prepare and maintain equipment for all types of tissue processing, embedding, cutting and mounting; label, record and verify quality of slides delivered to pathologist for microscopic evaluation. Perform range of molecular biology techniques including but not limited to nucleic acid purification from tumor tissues, Nucleic acid quantification by Ribogreen and Picogreen, and real-time PCR assays. Knowledge of high-throughput techniques like Fluidigm, Nanostring and in situ hybridization assays would be an asset. Candidate would need to be comfortable working both independently and as part of a dynamic project team.
B.S/M.S in life sciences/molecular biology with 0-2 years of relevant research experience within an academic or industrial lab setting.
• Experience in Histopathology including embedding, cutting and mounting is a must
• Extensive experience in H & E staining and Immunohisto Chemistry (IHC) is required
• Hands on experience of successful DNA, RNA purification
• Hands on experience with PCR, real time PCR and other molecular techniques
• Experience working in a production environment
• Micro-pipetting skills are a must
• Able to learn new methodologies quickly and efficiently
• Able to analyze and interpret results including analysis of large datasets using MS Excel and other statistical tools
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Skillful at interpreting and clearly communicating results
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers