compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
California School Employees Association
CSEA is seeking a Systems Engineer to create efficiencies through advanced technical support for networking, cloud and desktop issues. The Systems Engineer ensures the performance and security of network and systems infrastructure to enable faster and smarter business processes. The Systems Engineer acts as an expert to technical and non-technical users to maximize use of hardware and software capacity. This position is in San Jose, CA.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Evaluates performance of operating systems
• Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, software, and system management tools
• Performs complex upgrades
• Performs system development tasks including design, integration and testing
• Provides operational support
• Plans and coordinates changes to network infrastructure and operating systems
• Configures, tests, deploys application software
• Detects and corrects operational problems
• Writes scripts to standardize and automate processes
• Maintains network standards for security, documentation and disaster recovery
• Applies security settings or access permissions
• Configures, tests, deploys patches, virus and malware protection, office application suites and/or application software
• Designs and implements system security
• Standardizes disaster recovery and preventive procedures
Documents processes, resolves issues
• Creates technical documentation
• Documents complex operational and troubleshooting procedures
• Develops procedures to respond to system outages or emergency situations
• Troubleshoots network or platform performance
• Provides high level (Tier 2) support and guidance to IS staff and administrators
• Documents support procedures for routine Tier I support tasks
• Plan, design, and integrate applications
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• UNIX /Linux
• Windows servers
• Active directory
• Office 365
• Oracle database
• Cisco routers, firewalls
• Scripting skills using Perl, Ruby or Python
• Cloud migration
• Familiarity with databases and financial systems such as Great Plains is a plus
• Analyze data, problem-solve, and communicate solutions
• Show leadership
• Be a team player
• Think, act strategically
• Work independently
• Get results
• Show creativity, initiative and exercise independent judgment
• Remain calm and think clearly under pressure
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• 5 years’ experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring operating systems, networks, application software and system management tools.
• BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering, systems analysis, database administration or a related field.
• Certifications in technology and network systems from firms like Microsoft, Oracle, Linux or Cisco and in disciplines such as project management
CSEA is a union representing over 250,000 classified school employees who work in school districts and community colleges. We are dedicated to improving the lives of our members and the students they serve.
Benefits of working at CSEA
We have an excellent salary and benefits package with 17 paid holidays, 5 weeks’ vacation after 7 years, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, pension and annual step increases.
If you are creative and passionate about serving our communities, our schools and our members, then CSEA is the employer of choice for you.
Please apply on our web site at www.csea.com/employment Upload your resume with a cover letter that explains your qualifications, interest and career goals.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers