QR Code Link to This Post
About SAHA: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) is a leader in the affordable housing industry and is driven by the fundamental belief that every person deserves a home. We take pride in providing quality affordable homes that empower people and strength neighborhoods. Our philosophy of embracing sustainability, initiative, financial responsibility and diversity makes us one of the preeminent affordable housing development/management providers and employers in the Bay Area. With a staff of over 170, we take pride in offering our employees work/life balance, opportunities for growth and development and an excellent benefit package including several plans with 100% employer paid, employee coverage.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Property Supervisor, the Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the property and the day-to-day implementation of those policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building within established management operating and fiscal policies, as well as ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies and investors. This includes developing within the property a supportive environment for all residents, managing onsite staff and their duties and interacting with and supervising vendors/contractors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified individuals may apply online by CLICKING HERE.A Cover Letter and Resume is required for all applications.
Location: This position will work at one or more properties in Berkeley or Oakland. If contacted location and property details will be discussed further.
Compensation: The pay range range for this position begins at $52,000 annually. Starting pay rate depends on candidate experience, skill, comparisons to current staff, and the specific position hired for.
Benefits/Perks: We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and work/life balance. Here are some of the highlights:
- Medical HMO- $10 copays. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children
- Dental HMO or PPO. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children
- Paid Time Off- 14 days in first year, 19 second year, 24 third year and beyond.
- Paid Holidays- at least 9 per year.
- Regular Schedule- M-F 8:30 - 5:00
- Retirement- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance- basic plan free for employees, option to purchase additional coverage, including for spouse or dependents
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises and is responsible for performance of all staff assigned to the property. This can include Assistant Manager, Assistant Resident Manager, Administrative Assistant, Maintenance and Custodial positions depending on property size, location, and need. Includes goal setting, planning, evaluations and ensuring that staff adheres to organization-wide personnel policies & procedures, including safety practices.
- Ensures that the property is maintained physically to meet the standards set by both REAC and the organization. This is achieved by following procedures established by SAHA and working with onsite Maintenance staff to perform necessary work.
- Ensures all vacant apartment turnover procedures are followed; that turnovers are accomplished in a timeframe and manner consistent with the organization's standards and the property's budgetary goals and limitations.
- Prepares written recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements, improvements, supplies, material and equipment and submits them to Property Supervisor as needed.
- Maintains occupancy based on the organization's standard for each property. This includes anticipating vacancies, adhering to Waiting List procedures and selection policies in compliance with Federal, State, Local, Regulatory, and SAHA's requirements.
- Conducts all certification and recertification interviews as necessary per program regulation and organization policy. Ensures that all resident files are maintained, accurate, and current.
- Ensures that rent is collected each month for all persons residing in the property. Takes appropriate steps to enforce payments as necessary. Deposits daily of all monies collected.
- Reviews the monthly rent roll to ensure that the property security deposits, rents, move in dates, etc., are accurate.
- Reviews the property's monthly income and expense statement and reports any areas considered a problem to Property Supervisor.
- Responsible for receipt of and entry of all payables for each site. This will include following procedures as outlined by Property Management in conjunction with Accounting.
- Keeps Yardi Property Management and Accounting software up-to-date.
- Provides the initial draft of the annual site budget to the Property Supervisor by the deadline given.
- Promotes harmonious relations among residents, staff, vendors, and persons of the larger community.
- Adheres to Fair Housing, Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Manages resident evictions in compliance with court order and directions from the organization's legal counsel or Property Supervisor.
- Convenes and chairs Town Hall Meetings in accordance with the organization standards and requirements.
- Prepares and submits end of the month reports for submission to the Property Supervisor.
- Exercises common sense, good judgment, consistency and self-control in day-to-day contact with residents and in other business-related matters.
- Interacts effectively with Service Coordinator staff in resolving resident issues and concerns.
- Provides direct assistance and direction during after-hours emergencies, as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.\
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Prior affordable housing property management experience as an Assistant Manager or Property Manager a plus but not required.
- Experience and understanding of HUD, LIHTC and affordable housing industry.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*