Part-time On-Call Mail Clerk, Golden Rain Foundation
Rossmoor, Walnut Creek
Rossmoor Walnut Creek is a nationally recognized community for active seniors who are 55 and older. With nearly 10,000 residents in 6,700 homes on 2,000 acres, Rossmoor is a beautiful, serene enclave about 25 miles east of San Francisco. Offering a vast array of activities, residents are inspired to create, enjoy, learn and participate in activities and sports that they never had time to learn or engage in when they were younger. With two golf courses, four swimming pools, tennis, pickleball, lawn bowling and numerous other activities, it is never dull in Rossmoor. Activity studios include dedicated facilities for art, ceramics, lapidary, sewing, and woodworking. Rossmoor also operates its own movie theater, TV station and weekly newspaper.
PTOC Mail Clerk
The Executive Services department of The Golden Rain Foundation is looking for individuals to join their department on a part-time on-call basis to provide back up support for the full-time mail clerk. There is NO experience required; training is provided. This is a terrific opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Retrieve, sort, and deliver inter-office mail.
• Operate mail postage meter machine to post outgoing mail and deliver to U.S. Post Office.
• Accurately invoice departments for postage use.
• Drive and walk to various locations to retrieve and deliver mail.
• Open and read incoming mail for accurate distribution.
• Adhere to “mail route” time and department pick-up and delivery schedule.
• Lifting of heavy boxes or packages.
• High school diploma, GED or recognized equivalent.
• Background in mail handling preferred but not required.
• Capable of safely lifting forty pounds.
• Requires a high level of manual and finger dexterity to safely operate the mail postage meter machine and similar office equipment.
• Possess excellent verbal skills.
• Must be skilled in time management.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Clean and valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continuing employment.
• Ability to meet the Dept. of Homeland Security requirements confirming identity and right to work in the United States is required.
• Offer is contingent upon satisfactorily passing pre-employment background check and drug test.
• Previous employment must be verifiable.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers