compensation: Very Competitive Based on Experience and Skills employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
POSITION TITLE: Administration & Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Part-time 20 hours. Potential to grow to FT in the future based on organizational need.
Location: Uptown Oakland, Port WorkSpace
Salary: Hourly. Competitive, D.O.E.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Tiba Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to the build community healthcare in rural Kenya. Our work is centered in the Ugenya District, and as such we reach approximately 210,000 people directly and indirectly on an annual basis. We work only through our sister and partner organizations on the ground in Kenya. All projects are conceived of and operated by local experts. Tiba Foundation plays a support role in three ways:
1. Fundraising: Raise money internationally and make strategic grants to key partners in Kenya.
2. Learning: Engage in data review and reciprocal learning with our Kenyan partners.
3. Supporting & Volunteering: Provide technical support when requested for programs in Kenya. Support the design and implementation of construction projects. Support orientation of medical volunteers serving in Kenya (approximately 40-50 per year).
Tiba Foundation has zero overhead costs. Tiba’s Board of Directors supports all infrastructure, fundraising, and program management costs. 100% of donor funds go to grants to our sister organizations in Kenya.
More information is available at www.tibafoundation.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Admin & Operations Manager will assist with administrative, data entry functions, event planning, financial, fundraising, and support on-boarding of medical volunteers. Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, the Admin & Operations Manager will also contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices, and undertakes projects/tasks as assigned.
DONATION PROCESSING AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT (50%)
● Record all donations and send acknowledgment letters in a timely and accurate manner
● Ensure proper donor recognition and provide accurate donor lists for publications
● Reconcile donor database with finance records regularly
● Manage the creation of pledge reminders and appropriate follow up
● Prepare timely statistical reports on fundraising and donor status
● Provide detailed prospect reports for solicitors
● Manage the online donation system
● Enter information and run reports on Salesforce platform, assist in analyzing information
● Create and manage all project plans & budgets for Tiba events
● Manage guest registration list and seating documents
● Manage communication with vendors & venue
● Serve as “day of” point person for events and manage volunteer plan
● Manage the production process for all event collateral
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM (15%)
● Respond to initial inquiries; set up separate interviews with Executive Director and Board Member
● Work with volunteers to complete all their paperwork
● Pass volunteer to Kenya team; provide follow up as needed
● Manage to follow up when volunteers return to the United States
FUNDRAISING & Communications (10%)
● Create and manage all appeals, including electronic appeals
● Co-develop, review, and edit funding application documents and assemble all required attachments for grant submission
● Manage annual report, bi-annual newsletters, and quarterly email updates
● Work with Development Intern and Executive Director to keep the information timely, relevant, and interesting on Tiba Foundation’s website, Facebook page, Twitter, blog, and other various social media forums
BOARD OF DIRECTORS & ADMINISTRATIVE (10%)
● Liaison and support for Executive Director, Board Members, scheduling and supporting for meetings, small events, communications, travel (if any), and maintaining board minutes.
● Provide strategic management on significant projects, which may include: strategic planning, strategic dashboards/benchmarks, governance and Board policy updates, organizational policy and procedure updates, marketing, public relations, branding, and website upgrades, and other executive initiatives
● Support the Executive Director and board to document and track Philanthropic Investment processes with Kenyan partners.
● Maintain organization, board, and Executive Director calendars
● General office tasks including filing, copying, scanning, and compiling documents; opening mail and tracking gifts
● Maintain, track, and order inventory of supplies, including business system (letterhead, business cards, event supplies, etc.)
● Manage Tiba Foundation’s file server and online platforms
● Serve as Tiba Foundation’s point person for annual audit (with a member of the Board of Directors leading the effort)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, non-profit experience preferred
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Commitment to the mission and vision of Tiba Foundation
● Proven, reference-verified performance in administrative, data, and project management roles
● Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
● Experienced and skills with data input, organizing, and reporting. (We use Excel, Mail merge, and Salesforce)
● Knowledge, ability to problem solve and improve processes using Excel, Gmail Drive, & Calendar as well as DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat, as well as donation and Social Media web platforms
● Demonstrated ability to learn new software systems, as well as Google applications and website management tools
● Excelling writing, editing, telephone, and people skills
● Excellent project management and attention to details, highly organized, and able to successfully handle simultaneous priorities
● A strong sense of personal integrity; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information; demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills
● Professional, articulate, and great communication skills; able to seamlessly interact with high-level professionals
● Experience with high-level professionals preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands of this position are light with the expectation that the staff person can exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. The position requires frequent computer use. Availability to travel and maintenance of a valid passport is appreciated. National or international travel is not required for this position. Tiba Foundation will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description and its physical requirements will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Tiba Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a current resume, together with a cover letter that outlines their interest in, and relevant experience for, this position to:
Diane Dodge, Executive Director
with "Operations Manager" in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers