Harvest Food Distributors is looking for qualified candidates for a Sales & Account Representative opportunity at their San Francisco, CA location.
About the Company:
The Harvest Family of Companies is a nationwide food distributor with more than 6,000 retail and food service partners. On March 2017, we merged with Sherwood Foods in Detroit, Michigan to form the now largest independent food distributorship in the USA.
Sales & Account Representative
Essential Job Functions:
The Sales Associate will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
• Responsible for maintenance and identification of new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
• Make sales calls as often as necessary to maintain a solid customer relationship and as required to increase sales/penetration. This individual will schedule sales calls in a planned and geographically organized manner in order to maximize efficiency.
• Work with Sales Manager to develop and execute new sales strategies and establishing goals.
• Provide superior service to existing accounts in an effort to retain/enhance customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for communicating with assigned accounts on a continuous basis regarding new products and services, company changes, holiday schedules, item changes, and new sales opportunities. Updates customer on pricing/item changes or information.
• Respond timely to customer questions and inquiries and is courteous and professional to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Monitor customer satisfaction and takes corrective action, as needed, in an effort to retain account and improve customer satisfaction.
• Notify supervisor immediately if an existing account is in jeopardy of discontinuing service, specific products or lines of products with the company, or issues remain unresolved regardless of attempts to correct situation
• Ensure orders are reviewed, and verified.
• Maintain quality service by checking allocation, suggesting substitutes, and ensuring orders are filled at highest percentage possible.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Resolve problems with vendors as they arise.
• Others duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working within foodservice or meat distribution environment.
• Ability to bring on consistently 65,000lbs of weekly sales within the first 13 weeks of employment with an overall positive gross profit margin.
• Familiarity of local industry trends and issues in the food service industry
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, portion cost, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume and add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously
• Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to handle multiple jobs, timelines and deadlines
• Ability to prioritize, multi task, and shift priorities as necessary
The Harvest Family of Companies is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!