Compass Education Group is hiring enthusiastic and responsible part-time proctors to administer practice college admission exams for high school students at our main office and in several remote locations.
QR Code Link to This Post
Experience preferred but training will be provided.
Practice tests occur on Saturdays and Sundays, depending on location. Proctoring shifts begin at 9:30 AM and at 2:30 PM main office and at 10:00 AM at our remote locations and can last between 5 and 8 hours, dependent on attendance. Shifts are signed up for in advance, and the schedule must be followed.
Our practice test locations
Remote Locations (Library rooms and other meeting spaces throughout the Bay Area)
- San Francisco
- Redwood City
- South San Jose
- Arrive at remote locations prior to students and set up testing room with assigned seats
- Answer any questions parents may have about the timing of their student's practice test
- Begin exam promptly at 10 AM or 10:30 AM, depending on location
- Make sure students have only allowed items with them at their seats
- Remain in the testing room for the duration of the exam, and monitor students to ensure adherence to practice testing policies
- Notify on-duty supervisors of any questions or difficult situations that arise during exam
- Return room to original condition after dismissing students
- Collect, scan, and upload all testing materials
- Grade testing materials as needed
- Mail all testing materials back to our main office no later than 12 PM the following day using a prepaid envelope.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multitask. At a testing location, groups of students will be taking several different types of exams with different lengths; proctors must notify students of the beginning and end of their sections, and keep all students working on the appropriate sections of their test
- Excellent people skills. Proctors must be pleasant, helpful, and unflappable in the face of stressed families or unforeseen circumstances
- Strong communication on the phone, in person, and via email
- Comfortable maintaining order in a classroom of teenagers
- Previous proctoring or classroom management experience desired, but not required
- Must pass background check
Compass is one of the world's leading providers of in-home, one-on-one tutoring for high school students aspiring to attend selective colleges. We provide individualized, comprehensive test prep to thousands of students annually, in their homes or online.