compensation: $22-28/hr DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Elliott Build is a small, local construction company focused on residential remodels. We are a women and queer owned-and-operated business based in the East Bay, and have been in the construction industry for over 18 years. Our business is growing and we’re looking for another person to join our office staff.
We are looking for an individual who is excited about lists, organization, and sharing a small office with two well-behaved dogs. This is a job for someone who enjoys working quietly, staying organized, and leaving their work at work at the end of the day. You will be working closely with the owner and the office manager on a variety of tasks largely related to bookkeeping and general business organization. We have many antiquated (read: paper) systems in place and are actively looking for help to move them onto digital platforms.
It’s important to be able to efficiently execute day-to-day details while keeping the bigger picture(s) in focus. The ability to work unsupervised and follow instructions is essential. Hours are flexible, but generally Monday thru Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm. Overtime and weekends hours are highly unusual.
• Spanish written/spoken proficiency is strongly preferred
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Quickbooks Online, Google docs, and Apple hardware/operating systems
• Demonstrable excellence in bookkeeping and general accounting skills
• High level of organization and belief that effective big-picture organization is essential to managing the small stuff
• Ability to take direction
• Comfortable with responsibility and active problem solving
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Daily management of all transactions, invoices, and Quickbooks Online accounts
• Manage OSHA compliance, including tracking safety trainings
• Manage HR compliance, including onboarding and exit procedures
• Insurance compliance, including annual workers compensation audit
• Continually organize, track, and update client, jobsite, sub-contractor, vendor and employee information
• Track weekly timecards and expenditures
• Update website via Squarespace
• Develop company presence on social media platforms
• Create templates for project bids, organize new files, send out and track project specifics to subcontractors and vendors for proposals
• Manage and organize project plans, permits, inspections and project-related office communication
We take our work seriously and expect the same of you. We have an excellent reputation and maintaining this requires professionalism, courtesy, and diplomacy. Because of corporate requirements, you must be legal to work in the U.S. Please send your cover letter/email, resume, an optional writing sample, and your desired hourly wage. Thank you for taking the time to consider joining our team!
If you are interested, please send us an email and answer the following questions:
This position is one we generally consider entry-level. What interests you about that kind of move?
This position is responsible for basic admin work, like job costing in Quickbooks, keeping receipts and hard copies of files organized, and assembling many different physical binders for things like safety regulations, insurance audits, and payroll. That work on its own fills up the job, and there’s not much room for expanding the role. How does this line up with what you’re looking for?
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities