compensation: Hourly rate is $30- 37 per hour, based on experience, and the desired schedule is 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday. Benefits include generous health insurance, sick leave, paid holidays, vacation and retirement. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Seismological Society of America (SSA) is a non-profit membership organization devoted to the advancement of seismology and the understanding of earthquakes for the benefit of society.
SSA is recruiting an experienced accounting AR/AP specialist to implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information. This position will also coordinate customer service to subscribing librarians who purchase the Society’s journals and provide some administrative support. It’s a small team, and teamwork is emphasized.
The position’s responsibilities include the following:
• Maintain financial recordkeeping and reporting systems.
• Process billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements and general-ledger functions.
• Monitor and follow-up on receivables, communicating effectively with customers.
• Coordinate proper invoicing with publications contractors, guaranteeing accurate billing of page charges.
• Conduct effective and customer friendly collections procedures.
• Assist with annual external audit.
• Develop and maintain filing system related to financial information and contracts.
• Update and maintain financial policies and procedures.
• Manage off-site storage vendor (where financial files are kept)
• Review, assist with tracking contracts
• Order office supplies.
• Work closely with financial consultant who provides check and balance on internal financial system.
• Other duties, as assigned by Executive Director.
Customer service for subscribing librarians
• Process subscription renewals
• Respond to requests for back issues, help with access
• Coordinate with vendor that produces online publication, making sure our customers have access to the online platform.
• Process mailings to gain renewals
• Other work related to supporting the marketing efforts for the journals, such as analysis of subscribers, development of mailing lists
• Order office supplies
• Manage off-storage vendor (where financial files are kept)
• Arrange for shipping of all supplies to the Annual Meeting
• Other duties, as assigned by Executive Director
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of five years of experience in an office setting with administration or accounting experience preferred, preferably with a non-profit organization.
• Working knowledge of Quick Books strongly preferred.
• Strong, demonstrated skills in Excel
• Strong, demonstrated skills in Word, Google apps - 35
• Demonstrated excellent writing skills required.
• Experience working in an office setting required.
• Solid customer service skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision.
SSA’s headquarters is a small office with an open work environment. We work with many contractors located throughout the United States. We are seeking someone who can work effectively and well in a small office as well as with colleagues by phone – a virtual organization.
Hourly rate is $30- 37 per hour, based on experience, and the desired schedule is 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday. Benefits include generous health insurance, sick leave, paid holidays, vacation and retirement.
To apply, applicants should send a letter, writing sample, and cover letter that indicates relevant experience and qualifications, as well as interest in working for a non-profit.
Resumes will be reviewed beginning on May 1, and interviews will begin the week of May 13.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers