Full-Time Teens for Life Program Health Educator - 32 Hours/week
Posting Date: August 10, 2018
Application Due: August 27, 2018
Crisis Support Services of Alameda County (www.crisissupport.org), a nonprofit agency, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Teens for Life Health Educator. This position will provide an established youth curriculum on suicide prevention to diverse audiences in middle school and high school classrooms in Alameda County, CA. This position will report to the Director of Community Education.
• Present information on depression and suicide in a classroom setting in schools throughout Alameda County.
• Represent CSS at health fairs and other community events to help create visibility for our agency and the services that we provide to residents in Alameda County.
• Assist in data entry.
• Attend weekly staff meeting and clinical meetings.
• Work on CSS agency 24-Hour crisis line as needed.
• Other duties as assigned/needed.
• College degree preferred with mental health/public health emphasis.
• Experience working with youth preferred.
• Demonstrated teaching experience preferred.
• Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Prior experience in suicide prevention preferred. If no prior experience, must be willing to receive and complete training on agency's suicide prevention crisis line.
• Sensitive to the cultural and ethnic diversity of Alameda County
• Having car and auto insurance preferred; or be proficient in using public transportation.
Salary and Schedule
This is a temporary, full-time, 32 hours per week position which is partially funded (16/32 hours) by a grant through December 1, 2019. Compensation is $18.11/hour plus benefits. Bilingual persons and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter with "Teens for Life Program Health Educator (32 hrs/week)" in the subject line by 8am Monday August 27, 2018. Crisis Support Services of Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers