compensation: $144+ per day on weekdays and $194+ on weekends + Signing Bonus employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About the Position:
We are searching for caring, resourceful, responsible individuals who have a passion for helping people and want to make a difference in the world. Experience working with people with autism and other developmental disabilities is a plus but not required. This challenging position is very rewarding position where you will work as a team with other staff and the clients. This is a perfect opportunity for those seeking to work non-traditional hours. Shifts available in the Berkeley/Oakland/Emeryville area and in the Tri-Valley area of Dublin/Pleasanton/Livermore.
- Responding to emergency calls from support staff
- Contacting available support staff to fill shifts or work open shifts if needed
- Assist in a supervisory and supportive role to direct support staff
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be on-call for 24-hour periods, from 9 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Must be able to respond to an open shift if necessary within a one-hour window
- Must be organized and proactive in working at replacing direct support staff in the event of call offs
- Must handle all phone calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Must be comfortable providing lift support as well as personal/intimate care and working with consumers requiring a behavior plan
- Must have a high level of accountability and dependability
- Must complete a Live-Scan DOJ background check and consent to a DMV driving record pull
Employee benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Membership in the Services Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Commuter benefits
- Counseling benefits
- Financial coaching
- Education Assistance Fund
*Employee contributions and eligibility for certain benefits vary depending on part-time or full-time status.
Salary: The compensation for this position is a $75 stipend for 24 hours of on-call and $17.25 per hour for all training shifts and shifts worked. Four hours of training shifts paid at $17.25 per hour guaranteed each on-call shift. That translates to a minimum of $144/day during the week, and a minimum of $194/day on the weekend!
SIGNING BONUS: For a limited time, EBI is offering a signing bonus of $250 to all new employees, plus an additional $250 bonus after the first 90 days of employment. That's a total of $500 extra income to thank you for joining our team. Apply today!
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume online here.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers