compensation: $15.00 per hour with comprehensive benefits package employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About the Position:
Within the Supported Living Services Department, the Community Living Assistant assists people with developmental disabilities, one on one, to live in their own homes and be part of their communities in the ways that they choose. It is a very rewarding entry level position, working as part of a committed team to support people to lead meaningful lives.
Daily tasks may include:
- Assisting with community access
- Providing emotional support and companionship
- Helping cook healthy meals
- Assisting with grocery shopping and other errands
- Assisting with light cleaning
- Providing personal/intimate care
- Assisting with wheelchair transfers
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong belief in choice and empowerment for persons with developmental disabilities
- Comfortable with providing personal caregiving
- Must complete a Live-Scan DOJ background check and consent to a DMV driving record pull
- High level of accountability and dependability
- Flexibility and a willingness to problem-solve and learn as you go
There are opportunities to work weekends, evenings, and overnights, making this the perfect opportunity for those seeking to work non-traditional hours in the human services field. All entry level positions start at part-time with the option to grow to full-time if desired. We support clients throughout Alameda County.
Employee benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Commuter benefits
- Counseling benefits
- Financial coaching
- Education Assistance Fund
*Employee contributions and eligibility for certain benefits vary depending on part-time or full-time status.
SIGNING BONUS: For a limited time, EBI is offering a signing bonus of $250 to all new employees, plus an additional $250 bonus after the first 90 days of employment. That's a total of $500 extra income to thank you for joining our team. Apply today!
How to Apply:
Click here to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers