ABOUT THE ED FUND:
Oakland Public Education Fund leads the investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive. Therefore, our work is to connect public schools with tools, funds, and volunteers. Learn more about our work at www.oaklandedfund.org.
WORK LIFE AT THE ED FUND:
- A fun, fast-paced, flexible, and dog-friendly work environment;
- Great mentorship and opportunities for both personal development and professional growth;
- Flexible work schedule;
- A brand new office in Oakland’s Jack London Square that is easily accessible by public transportation, has great parking options, and is stocked with refreshments;
- Staff outings, team-building activities, staff celebrations and happy hours;
- The opportunity to make a direct, positive impact on Oakland public schools and programs serving our youth; and,
- Amazing networking opportunities with local leaders and businesses.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Fiscal Sponsor Program Coordinator will support our project staff to understand and fully utilize a broad range of Ed Fund services. The role will be instrumental in connecting with our fiscal sponsored projects in-person, by email, and through other means of communication, in order to maintain relationships and build client knowledge of our services, policies, and procedures. The Fiscal Sponsorship Program Coordinator will also be instrumental in identifying client issues in a timely fashion, to ensure that project staff are satisfied with our services and receive quick resolution to their inquiries and needs.
The Fiscal Sponsor Program Coordinator will work with the Director of Programs and other Ed Fund departments to work with a diverse portfolio of Fiscally Sponsored Projects that range in level of complexity. As a partner and advocate for the FSPs, the Fiscal Sponsor Program Coordinator delivers superb customer service, trains project staff to use our services, and support projects to develop a deep understanding of the Ed Fund processes and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service -
- Use all communication systems in supporting client needs, addressing questions and needs.
- Serve as point of contact for a diverse portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects to support them with using the services offered at the Ed Fund.
- Collaborate with the Ed Fund departments to support clients’ financial needs, organizational effectiveness, and capacity.
- Responsively help resolve questions as they arise by actively listening to clients and proposing solutions to management based on working understanding of project’s circumstances desires and issues.
- Upkeep of salesforce database entries for all projects, ensuring accurate and up-to-date entries and updating records to reflect changes. Monitors Salesforce and other client files to ensure all information is stored, organized and easily retrievable
- Collects data for the purposes of fact finding around key Ed Fund priorities.
- Communicates, educates and explains solutions to clients. Escalates complex and sensitive issues to Director of Programs as needed.
- Implements annual fiscal sponsor project survey and collects data in Salesforce.
Finance and Accounting Support -
- Refer to the Ed Fund’s systems to answer and research client questions about their expenditures and deposits.
- Work with Finance, Accounting, and Human Resources Department staff to research client questions and answer basic questions. Escalate complicated questions to Director of Programs or other staff.
- Serve as a liaison between Projects and Finance and/or Fund Development staff.
- In partnership with Finance, support Fiscally Sponsored Projects in their yearly budgeting process.
- Monitor fund balances to ensure Projects have adequate operating revenue.
Project Staff Training Support -
- In partnership with departmental staff, create and implement various trainings through different modes to support new and existing clients in using Ed Fund services and accessing their funds.
- In partnership with departmental staff, design and deliver basic client trainings on Ed Fund services by providing materials, explaining basic policies and procedures, and escalating inquiries as necessary
General Support -
- Suggest improvements to organizational processes to address recurring issues.
- In partnership with Director of Programs, participate in annual department goal setting and planning for Fiscal Sponsorship.
- In partnership with Ed Fund teams, assist in creating guides on a full range of issues regarding difficult-to-resolve work related problems
- Serve as Core Staff Member of The Ed Fund: participate in all staff and program department meetings, and supporting key Ed Fund events while contributing to our culture and structures, as well as our mission;
- At least 2 years experience in Customer Service or equivalent setting.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, particularly in non-profit.
- Some experience with project management
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Must posses the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for resolution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Consultative, flexible and creative
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite andGoogle Suite
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in administrative, bookkeeping, education, client/donor customer service, or business administration
- 2 years of college level coursework in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce database or similar databases a plus!
- Experience in education or non profit grant management a plus!
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DISCLOSURE:
The Oakland Public Education Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We also know that great candidates can bring skills to The Ed Fund that we haven't thought of just yet, and who won't fit everything we've described above. If this is you, don't hesitate to apply. Tell us what unique contributions you can offer.
We are dedicated to improving our organization and know that part of it means to better reflect the people we serve. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.