compensation: $22-23.50 per hour
employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Program and Position Overview
The Housing Solutions program assists families to secure permanent housing through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, eviction prevention and median-term shallow rent subsidies, and home-based case management. The Housing Stability Specialist is responsible for providing case management to families during their participation in the rental subsidy program that pulls from service models including Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention and Strength Based Case Management. The Housing Stability Specialist meets at least monthly with each family on their caseload and conducts regular home visits, to support the family to remain stably housed, achieve their income-related goals and connect to resources within the community. The specialist works together with the family to establish short and longer term goals related to housing stability, makes referrals to appropriate services and assists families to apply for affordable housing opportunities. The specialist is responsible for documenting all services provided, ensuring case notes are entered into the client’s electronic record in real-time and collecting monthly program compliance documentation from each family. This position requires a California Driver License and clean driving record.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide case management, including home-based case management, to a caseload of 18-20 families. Provide home visits, in-office meetings, housing/tenant counseling, housing connection and community resource referrals for clients. Case management services may include but are not limited to intake, assessment, development and implementation of service plans, referrals to community-based resources, housing and employment advocacy, designing and facilitating client group workshops, advocacy and support for issues relating to mental and physical health and disabilities, domestic violence, substance abuse recovery, family reunification, child welfare advocacy, life skills training, and crisis intervention.
· Assess clients for strengths and barriers, including employment, behavioral health, criminal history, and substance use, and refer households to appropriate levels of housing and rental assistance. Ensure resources are used by eligible households who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
· Assist families and individuals to establish and meet housing goals and identify appropriate steps towards achieving goals, including modifying goals as needed, and evaluation of progress. Coordinate and collaborate effectively with other service providers as needed to assist clients to reach their goals.
· Maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into client databases.
· Educate clients about budgeting and financial management practices, including support with taxes and local/federal Earned Income Tax Credit, banking and credit repair.
· Coordinate with Real Estate Department to maintain positive relationships with landlords and property management companies serving low income families. Represent and promote Housing Solutions network of housing, rental assistance, and eviction prevention services throughout the community. Represent Hamilton Families in community and collaborative meetings as needed.
· Promote values of self-sufficiency and empowerment throughout work with clients. Aid in the development of resource materials specific to neighborhoods/cities/counties where the families reside.
· Participate in planning and coordination of fun yearly events for families, including a Holiday Party and Back to School Picnic.
· Participate in various program meetings including case conference meetings and housing plan meetings in collaboration with other service providers.
· Maintain client confidentiality and HIPAA requirements; maintain program standard of documentation of case management services; keep accurate records, files, correspondence, and statistics. Prepare reports and presentations as required. Reinforce and follow appropriate boundaries with clients.
· Work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for Housing Solutions programmatic activities.
· Bilingual case management positions require providing all services described above to a caseload of clients who are predominantly monolingual in the language for which the bilingual premium applies; sharing verbal and written program and other information as needed; translating verbal and written materials, community meetings, workshops, events, and other information verbally and/or in writing as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of experience providing support services to families and/or individuals in a human services setting, including one year experience providing case management OR a minimum of 5 years of experience performing case management duties in a health or human services field. Able and willing to work with diverse staff and clients.
· Experience working with extremely low income families, youth, survivors of domestic violence, populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, and HIV/AIDS and other diverse communities; documenting client services in paper files and online databases; and conducting outreach and presentations.
· Familiarity with and commitment to principles and practices of housing first, client-centered care, harm reduction, and safeguarding client confidentiality.
· Knowledge of community resources for families with very low incomes in the Bay Area, and knowledge and experience with housing laws a plus.
· Excellent organizational skills and able to self-motivate; able to work under pressure, address multiple priorities and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.). Experience using Salesforce.com databases a plus;
· Bilingual positions require verbal and written proficiency in English as well as the second language for which the bilingual premium applies, as demonstrated through agency-administered proficiency testing.
· Essential functions of the position may require use of a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal, and the ability to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods, stand, reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds, and driving.
· Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, and tuberculosis (TB) clearance required post-offer.
· Valid CADL and DMV report; able and willing to travel locally as needed required.
Compensation and Benefits Great benefits:
We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA locations. Additionally, HF offers tax deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, bicycle maintenance, and ride sharing services like Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities:
The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. We also offer a $1,000 educational stipend to employees each year and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
HF employees take advantage of generous sick and vacation benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long term benefits:
HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, education reimbursement, and other great long term benefits!
· Please click the link below to submit an application through our ADP Career Center.
· Please attach your résumé and a letter of interest. (applications without both documents will not be considered).
· No faxes or phone calls.
· Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.