compensation: $15 - 20/hr
employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Clean Water Action is looking for full time, long-term activists to help protect our environment. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates!
DESCRIPTION As a Clean Water Action Community Organizer, you will work on grassroots environmental and public health campaigns. This position involves environmental education, petitioning, fundraising, and political organizing.
You will learn strategic communication and analysis skills and gain experience in grassroots lobbying, nonprofit management, political organizing, and fundraising. Our staff consists of committed, professional, highly skilled activists. New employees receive extensive training and continuing support on issue knowledge and campaign skills. All staff members receive regular updates given by political staffers within our organization.
You will gain a strong sense of pride in knowing you are making a difference, knowledge of effective grassroots organizing and campaign strategies, and strengthened communication skills.
Requirements include an ability to thrive in and support a team dynamic, a positive attitude, strong verbal communication skills, interest in environmental and public health issues, motivation, and energy. Campaign experience is helpful but not required.
Daily responsibilities include:
▪ Mobilizing communities by political district. Speaking with community members at their homes and getting them involved in CWA campaigns.
▪ Educating community members and raising awareness of environmental and public health issues.
▪ Raising funds to keep Clean Water Action independent and self-sustaining.
▪ Generating letters to government representatives.
▪ Working to elect clean water advocates to public office.