compensation: $15.59 per hour with comprehensive benefits package employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Community Living Assistant
SIGNING BONUS: For a limited time, EBI is offering a signing bonus of $250 to all new employees, plus an additional $250 bonus after the first 90 days of employment. That's a total of $500 extra income to thank you for joining our team. Apply today!
About the Position:
You would provide one on one support for adults with developmental disabilities in Alameda County. Your goal would be to provide respectful, personal, and motivating services that enable our clients to participate in all aspects of their community, and lead meaningful lives centered around independence and empowerment.
No experience required!
This job is a great way to gain experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services, occupational therapy, mental health, or healthcare. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are reliable, dependable, and teachable.
You would get to spend your day supporting clients with:
- Accessing community activities, such as volunteering, classes, etc
- Making plans with friends and families
- Emotional support and companionship
- Planning and cooking meals
- Grocery shopping and other errands
- Light cleaning
- Personal/intimate care
- Wheelchair transfers
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Semi-monthly yoga classes at our office - paid time!
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 54.5 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do
This job might be for you if:
- You believe that all people should be in the driver’s seat of their own life
- You enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small!
- You enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds
- You are comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet
- You like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches
- You follow through with commitments
If you're a student, or someone seeking part-time work or non-traditional hours, this may be the perfect fit for you. There are opportunities to work daytime hours, weekends, evenings, and overnights. This position starts at part-time with opportunities to grow to full-time. We support clients throughout Alameda County.
How to Apply:
Click here to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers